Career Officer
# 1 again the klingons get shafted...
03-21-2013, 06:38 AM
We all know that Klinkons has been treated badly my Cryptic, very little content and compared to Federation very few ships and other stuff. and now Cryptic releases another faction.

This is the final nail in the coffin of KDF.
Career Officer
# 2 Bye bye KDF
03-21-2013, 06:43 AM
since Cryptic obviously now going to spend time on fed and romulan guess what faction gets 0 time. yes, you guessed it. KDF will get nothing, nada, zilsh.

this is the legacy of Dstahl's promises.

Nothing.
Career Officer
# 3
03-21-2013, 06:44 AM
Show me your evidence.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
03-21-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Show me your evidence.
Exactly! Show us your evidence or stop trying to depress the Klingon forums without any reasonable proof for what you're saying.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
# 5
03-21-2013, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Exactly! Show us your evidence or stop trying to depress the Klingon forums without any reasonable proof for what you're saying.
I third that
Republic Veteran
# 6
03-21-2013, 06:57 AM
pretty sure it says all 3 factions with story content 1-50 on the new site. So I say thats a big WIN for KDF
Captain
# 7
03-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Evidence?

Its common sense. Deductive process applied to currently known data and pattens of behavior.

1- This is a money making effort. The whole game that is. For the past 2+ years Cryptic has consistently demonstrated AND stated that the reason KDF gets no attention is because they are the lowest metric.

2- The addition of a third faction splits the resource allocation into three not two. So now, instead of having to decide whether to allocate resources to Federation of KDF they have Romulans to consider as well.

Taking into account #1 ... the Romulan faction will now explode into the #1 population faction due to every federation and KDF player having one character there. This puts Romulan as #1 faction and KDF as #3. Metrics for KDF were already stated to be around 12% of the population... so in a three-way split of factions, the KDF will not only be on the bottom third but it will be so, so far under in % of players that metrics-wise KDF will simply not be worth the expenditure of resources in any meaningful way (aka new ships, unique cstore ships, etc). In short, this faction is done and over with.

3- Romulan faction comes just in time when most fed and kdf fleets are reaching tier 5 starbase. This is a whole new grindfest and resource sink for players. It took a year to develop romulan faction (new ships, storylines, etc) and that is as long as the starbase tier 5s take. Considering this pattern, they will begin work now on the fourth faction that will be introduced late in 2014. This means that during this year there will be virtually no manpower left to give KDF attention or goodies. Aside from stupid copy/paste and lockbox scamjunk.

4- Stuff goes to what makes money. Romulan faction will be the new money maker for them. Fully expect tons of lobi and zen store purchasable stuff for romulan faction... it will be the irony of this game that the federation will now be feeling the abandoment in a fashion that the KDF suffered these past few years. any new ships will be mostly romulan.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Career Officer
# 8
03-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Except when we go with what people on the forums have been saying, there are a lot of people who want to play Romulan but have never played KDF, either because of the interface or lack of interest or whatever.
Those have been playing Fed and biding their time.
So as a result I believe there will be a whole lot more people migrating from Fed to Romulan than Klingon to Romulan on a permanent basis.

Personally I'll make a handful fo Romulan characters eventually.
And I will most likely be playing KDf for the most part, Romulans second and leave my Fed characters even more behind than I already do.
No matter the Star Trek game, Fed has always been the most bland faction to me.
So I'd imagine a scenario where the KDF will stay around the 12-18% that have been quoted several times.
But the Romulans will end up somewhere similar and the Federation population will drop somewhat as a result and end up somewhere in the 70% area.

So just like the Romulans (who currently have 0% population) the KDF as we'll see it in may is an investment into the future.
So why should they gat nothing like the OP (who's been making troll posts and nothing more) be right.
Oh, BTW nothing would mean not even a tutorial.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
03-21-2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Evidence?

Its common sense. Deductive process applied to currently known data and pattens of behavior.

1- This is a money making effort. The whole game that is. For the past 2+ years Cryptic has consistently demonstrated AND stated that the reason KDF gets no attention is because they are the lowest metric.

Well, I wasn't aware that anyone out there made games for free and for the love of the fun.

2- The addition of a third faction splits the resource allocation into three not two. So now, instead of having to decide whether to allocate resources to Federation of KDF they have Romulans to consider as well.

Taking into account #1 ... the Romulan faction will now explode into the #1 population faction due to every federation and KDF player having one character there. This puts Romulan as #1 faction and KDF as #3. Metrics for KDF were already stated to be around 12% of the population... so in a three-way split of factions, the KDF will not only be on the bottom third but it will be so, so far under in % of players that metrics-wise KDF will simply not be worth the expenditure of resources in any meaningful way (aka new ships, unique cstore ships, etc). In short, this faction is done and over with.

Yes, the Romulan faction will explode in population in the first month or two. Because all that is new is fun. After a while, people will re-group and the Romulan fans that were crying over a faction will stay, while many of the ones that went to check it out will go back in their own prefered faction. One thing you're missing is that most of the small number of people playing KDF atm are actually Klingon fans and will remain in their faction. The Romulan one will take much bigger toll on the Federation, which is actually a good thing. And after 2-3 months, the metrics will be much more balanced and favorable to everyone in comparison to the overwhealmingly vast number of players the Fed. has now.

3- Romulan faction comes just in time when most fed and kdf fleets are reaching tier 5 starbase. This is a whole new grindfest and resource sink for players. It took a year to develop romulan faction (new ships, storylines, etc) and that is as long as the starbase tier 5s take. Considering this pattern, they will begin work now on the fourth faction that will be introduced late in 2014. This means that during this year there will be virtually no manpower left to give KDF attention or goodies. Aside from stupid copy/paste and lockbox scamjunk.

This is irrelevant. The dilithium sinks would have been endless anyway, and they will be for any faction in the form of embasies, consulates, satelites or whatever.

4- Stuff goes to what makes money. Romulan faction will be the new money maker for them. Fully expect tons of lobi and zen store purchasable stuff for romulan faction... it will be the irony of this game that the federation will now be feeling the abandoment in a fashion that the KDF suffered these past few years. any new ships will be mostly romulan.

Now you sound like you work for Cryptic. Do you? If you don't, how could you possibly tell that any new ships will be mostly Romulan?
There you go.

I, for one do not see the reason for this kind of negativity. Every new player that checks out STO will have the option to start as a KDF. We won't be locked behind 25 levels of Federation gameplay anymore. Everything I've seen announced today is a positive step forward for the KDF and for the game as a whole.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Lieutenant
# 10
03-21-2013, 08:14 AM
If you guys remember the discussions we'd have on the forums about the lack of KDF content, being able to start from level 1 as a kdf didn't rank as high as more end game content, bug fixes, more costume options, and more ships. Sure starting from level 1 as a kdf toon will increase our metrics, but if that is all that'll be added with the May update do we really feel our demands have been met?

We kicked around the idea of in game protests before, and some like myself wanted to hold off on that to see what will happen in May. I hope the May 21st update will address the majority of our demands, but if it doesn't will simply adding story content that'll take you from level 1 to 25 be enough to placate us and forestall the protests?

We've been thrown bones before to try and keep us quiet. If May is light on KDF features will 3 years of angst, and broken promises finally come to a head and we finally begin to hold Cryptic's feet to the fire? Angry forum posts don't seem to be getting the job done.
Closed Thread