Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Commander
I have purchased many weapons through the Omega or Romulan reputation system because they were better than anything in the fleet stores. Will the new fleet weapons be better? Which ones will you be looking at buying?
Commander
# 2
03-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Bump! I would be interested in your thoughts
Empire Veteran
# 3
03-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Yes they are.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Career Officer
# 4
03-21-2013, 07:29 PM
not really scientific, but i got a set of the new fleet andorians(dmg x2 acc x2) today and it felt like i was doing a huge amount more dps then my old fleet phasers
Rihannsu
# 5
03-21-2013, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenumber55 View Post
not really scientific, but i got a set of the new fleet andorians(dmg x2 acc x2) today and it felt like i was doing a huge amount more dps then my old fleet phasers
Thats because Acc overflows and goes into crit chance, you always get more buck with Acc because you will hit more often (granted this isnt much of a problem in PvE) and will crit more often.

Also you are going from a 3 mods weapon to a 4 mods weapon.
Lieutenant
# 6
03-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Thats because Acc overflows and goes into crit chance, you always get more buck with Acc because you will hit more often (granted this isnt much of a problem in PvE) and will crit more often.

Also you are going from a 3 mods weapon to a 4 mods weapon.
The overflow of crit severity, not crit chance is VERY minimal, the ACC mod is almost useless unless u PVP.

Please stop giving wrong information.

for PVE, weps with + crit +severity are far superior so long as u run maxed targeting systems.
Career Officer
# 7
03-21-2013, 07:30 PM
They're different.

The Romulan Plasma can be obtained in [Acc]x2 (nice) and has both the Plasma and Disruptor procs (so 4 mods/procs effectively) - this makes them sort-of better than regular purple Mk XII's - sort-of, because maybe what you really want is [Acc]x3 - that's up to your style of play though.

The Omega Torp/Hyper-Plasma Torp/Cutting Beam and Experimental Plasma Beam Array are all unique weapons with special properties and do decent damage so are worth using if you like them - you've really got nothing to lose.

The new Advanced Fleet Weapons are great because you can have a mod of your choice x2 plus [Dmg]x2 - most people will pick [Acc]x2 [Dmg]x2 - they also have the proc of whatever energy type you pick (so 5 mods/procs).

Elite Weapons now come in [mod of your choice]x2 [Dmg] plus the special Fed/KDF proc - of which the general consensus is that the KDF proc (25% extra shield damage) is far better than the Fed one (shield healing).

Overall, in my opinion, Advanced Fleet>Elite Fleet>Romulan Plasma but there's very little in it - if you're not in a Fleet (or your Fleet is a low Tier) then there's certainly nothing wrong with the Rom Plasma apart from the fact that many players have plasma resists from the STF gear - for PvE though, they're great.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 8
03-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyshark View Post
I have purchased many weapons through the Omega or Romulan reputation system because they were better than anything in the fleet stores. Will the new fleet weapons be better? Which ones will you be looking at buying?
If you mean the eqivalent Romulan Plasma weapons (Mk XII with Plasma and Disr procs, 2xACC vs a single proc and 2xACC 2xDMG) from the rep store, they are going to be about even. The fleet weapons are 5 mods vs 4, but DMG mods are not overall that great; this means the fleet weapons do slightly more DPS overall, but the Disr proc will add extra damage from you and your teammates in fleet engagements.

The largest difference is that you can get all of the various weapon types from the fleet store, so you can take your pick based on what you have damage consoles for.
Lieutenant
# 9
03-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyshark View Post
Sorry, I had to read it twice, but it seems that you said that the reputation weapons were better than the fleet store weapons?

LOL

They never have been and never will be. Please stop telling yourself that because you got caught up in unlocking the unlock to unlock the ability to buy something from the timegated worthless rep system.

Fleet weapons have WAY more DPS output than any other weapon ingame. The modifiers do not change that fact. 196 dps vs 180 is 16 dps per wep difference. Thanks for a good laugh though, I really needed it.
Career Officer
# 10
03-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by transam83 View Post
Sorry, I had to read it twice, but it seems that you said that the reputation weapons were better than the fleet store weapons?

LOL
Yes. Because everyone knows [Dmg] is the most desirable mod in the game. LOL

/sarcasm
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012