Career Officer
# 1 Fleets Unite :: The New thread
03-23-2013, 02:41 AM
Some of you might remember a thread a while ago, pre-season 6, where I took it upon myself to serve as a hub for all the suggestions people had for fleet advancements, to try to motivate Cryptic to add to fleet development, and was supported by more than 40 Fleets total across both Fed and KDF fleets, as well as individuals who were seeking a reason to join a fleet.

Now I am not sure if that thread actually helped, but alot of the suggestions we added to that thread came more or less true in Season 6, when fleet Starbases were introduced, so I'd like to think that Cryptic used that thread as a reference point.

Now it's been a while since Season 6, and the changes has had time to sink in, and evaluated in-game.

Now I want to re-boot a new thread, this time trying to create a hub for enhancement of the now pretty good fleet system, that I still feel needs work to become everything it can be.

Suggestions posted in this thread will be categorized in a reserved post below, and added into lists.

(EDIT: I will try to update with suggestions as often as possible)

Thank you for your support. Now... have thoose brilliant minds come up with ideas:
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos

Last edited by anazonda; 03-23-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Career Officer
# 2 Ideas here:
03-23-2013, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Inner fleet working:
  • Allow Fleet Housing
    Since the Fleet Starbase and Embassy are temporal instances, you cannot use them as a true "fleet house" like people uses the Earth Space Dock or other permanent instances. Fleet Starbase and Embassy should have a permanent instance system that allow em to serve as "Fleet Housing"
  • Enhanced Ranks
    Better and enhanced rank systems, allowing for more and less than 7 ranks at any time.
  • Enhanced Fleet permissions
    Pr user permissions to invite, use provisions and stuff like that. Obviously that would require a pr-user permission page
  • Leaderboard
    "Search" capability. Similar to bank repository to find out transactions per player.
  • Provision Store Logging
    Similar to bank logging, we'd like to request logging on fleet/embassy-provision stores as an extension to the leaderboard.
    Current leaderboard only allows us to see who has contributed, but not who has used/abused. An extension of the already existing bank-logging system would be appreciated.
Quote:
Missions:
  • PvP Bases:
    While I am not a big fan of PvP, I think it would be healthy for the PvP community to allow PvP-Fleets to flag their bases for random PvP attacks, where other fleets can attack such bases if they themselves have flagged their own bases for this as well.
  • Random encounters:
    Random appearences of enemy ships attacking your base while in orbit, or the need for you to go repair systems at random... Basically a random number generator that requires your attention when you are there, or potentially a timegated event, where you have to allocate time for the "events".
Quote:
Economics:
  • Remove Dilithium requirements for non-aesthetic project
    Since we're limited to refine 8.000 Dilithium units, it would be nice to make this part of the game more "Free-to-Play", allowing Dilithium buyers only aesthetic advantages, as in other F2P games.
  • Remove Dilithium prices of Fleet Goodies...
    and highly increase the Fleet credit costs That way, it would incentivate members of the fleet to invest Dilithium on their fleets.
  • Dilithium prices of Fleet goodies should revert to the fleet
    Another possibily is making the Dilithium from the items purchased revert to a "fleet dilithium" storage, that only could be used by those who has permissions, to distribute and contribute it to the current projects (and it would appear in the leaderboard by "Fleet Dilithium Storage" or the name of the fleet).
  • Bank-slot addition
    Fleets are in need of the option to purchase more bank slots / Tabs.

Quote:
MISC
  • FLEET NAME DISPLAY ON STARBASE/EMBASSY.
    Not talking about logos...Just names since I understand logos are hard to oversee but names should be an option for fleets.
Added reply
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos

Last edited by anazonda; 03-28-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Commander
# 3
03-23-2013, 04:54 AM
  • Allow Fleet Housing
Since the Fleet Starbase and Embassy are temporal instances, you cannot use them as a true "fleet house" like people uses the Earth Space Dock or other permanent instances. Fleet Starbase and Embassy should have a permanent instance system that allow em to serve as "Fleet Housing"
  • Remove Dilithium requirements for non-aesthetic project
Since we're limited to refine 8.000 Dilithium units, it would be nice to make this part of the game more "Free-to-Play", allowing Dilithium buyers only aesthetic advantages, as in other F2P games.
  • Remove Dilithium prices of Fleet Goodies, and highly increase the Fleet credit costs
That way, it would incentivate members of the fleet to invest Dilithium on their fleets.
  • Dilithium prices of Fleet goodies should revert to the fleet
Another possibily is making the Dilithium from the items purchased revert to a "fleet dilithium" storage, that only could be used by those who has permissions, to distribute and contribute it to the current projects (and it would appear in the leaderboard by "Fleet Dilithium Storage" or the name of the fleet)
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lter View Post
  • Allow Fleet Housing
Considering the resources my fleet has burned to pretty up the place, I'd very much like to be able to idle at our SB. Such a thing would foster unit cohesion as well as create a strong sense of community.
Captain
# 5
03-23-2013, 12:28 PM
1) We desperately need an option where if the one dude in a fleet that can set projects vanishes for a month, someone else who is on regularly can get an emergency promotion for the purposes of setting new projects.

Killing a fleet should be a lot more complicated than "I logged off LOL".

2) Starbases (and embassies) need to be more functional. I would like to see some fleet-specific content that can only be accessed through these locations, to increase their value as social hubs for the fleet.

3) For God's sake, add a "shuttle to the embassy" option from the Starbase. If you're going to stick the exchange in the embassy, don't make it ridiculously inconvenient to access. It's just poor.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 03-23-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Career Officer
# 6
03-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
We desperately need an option where if the one dude in a fleet that can set projects vanishes for a month, someone else who is on regularly can get an emergency promotion for the purposes of setting new projects.

Killing a fleet should be a lot more complicated than "I logged off LOL".
Actually both are already in place:

When the fleet leader roles have not logged in for 30+ days, the next in line, in the rank below can "Claim leadership".

Same goes for projects.

If 30 days with no queued projects have passed, any member above the first rank can assign a new project in a open slot.

We've tested both in my fleet, and it works.

Hope this helps.
Commander
# 7
03-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
3) For God's sake, add a "shuttle to the embassy" option from the Starbase. If you're going to stick the exchange in the embassy, don't make it ridiculously inconvenient to access. It's just poor.
It does exist, it's a Tier 2 Embassy upgrade project. When you get the shuttle to the starbase from the embassy, you also get the ability to travel the other way too. It's available on the starbase transporter pad, with an incorrect description.

I do think the mail and exchange unlocks in the embassy aren't very useful as they exist just outside the embassy's front door.
Commander
# 8
03-27-2013, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
Considering the resources my fleet has burned to pretty up the place, I'd very much like to be able to idle at our SB. Such a thing would foster unit cohesion as well as create a strong sense of community.
Exactly my thought.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
03-27-2013, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE
Inner fleet working:

Enhanced Ranks
Better and enhanced rank systems, allowing for more and less than 7 ranks at any time.
Enhanced Fleet permissions
Pr user permissions to invite, use provisions and stuff like that. Obviously that would require a pr-user permission page

Missions:

PvP Bases:
While I am not a big fan of PvP, I think it would be healthy for the PvP community to allow PvP-Fleets to flag their bases for random PvP attacks, where other fleets can attack such bases if they themselves have flagged their own bases for this as well.
Random encounters:
Random appearences of enemy ships attacking your base while in orbit, or the need for you to go repair systems at random... Basically a random number generator that requires your attention when you are there, or potentially a timegated event, where you have to allocate time for the "events".

=anazonda;8763981]Added reply[/quote]

Agreed to the above plus I would like to add:

LEADERBOARD
"Search" capability. Similar to bank repository to find out transactions per player.
FLEET NAME DISPLAY ON STARBASE/EMBASSY. Not talking about logos...Just names since I understand logos are hard to oversee but names should be an option for fleets.
BANK SLOTS ADDITION: we need more slots. Dont care if we need to buy them but large fleets having a hard time to managed with was ideal for an old antiquated fleet system.
[
Commander
# 10
03-23-2013, 06:30 AM
I imagine one of the side effects of the small fleets is the members are awash with Fleet Credits but struggling to advance. The current way of using Fleet Credits to help with the advance of the base is to use them to buy DOffs and Fleet Mark bonus pools.

How about a "Fleet Provisions" like "Embassy Provisions" purchased with Fleet Credits? And fleet projects that can take these Fleet Provisions, Allowing the small fleets to recycle the fleet credits that they are holding.