Career Officer
# 1 Hello KDF
03-24-2013, 12:44 AM
I will be honest, this is in response to some "bye bye" doom/depressive posting here...

Like most, I like to keep my hopes/expectation low and rejoy in what we can get. However, this new expansion brings a ray of sunshine upon Qo'nos and the Empire. Starting at lvl 1 was a very long standing request, since closed beta to be honest... tutorial revamped. Right there, the door is at least opened to new players.

Sure, some will say if there is nothing behind that door, it will be shut as quickly as it was opened. But, this is where it should stop... speculation and wrist cutting posts do nothing... let's wait for development and news about this expansion. This last one was only the big showcase, of course it has no details, it was the big hook.

So, I am cautiously optimistic, so you all should be. Try to smile and be good ambassadors of the KDF on all forums out there...

Qa'pla!

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Empire Veteran
# 2
03-24-2013, 02:03 AM
Well I did get a tweet back from Cryptic, simply stated that they have tons of dev blog planned after I asked them about the KDF. That's about the most anyone could expect at this stage.

This is the most hopeful the KDF has been so far in quite sometime, although I won't get my hopes up with regards to bug fixes lol.
Career Officer
# 3
03-24-2013, 02:07 AM
I'm waiting for any new on KDF, but I don't expect Cryptic to do much for us.
Captain
# 4
03-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startux View Post
Well I did get a tweet back from Cryptic, simply stated that they have tons of dev blog planned after I asked them about the KDF. That's about the most anyone could expect at this stage.

This is the most hopeful the KDF has been so far in quite sometime, although I won't get my hopes up with regards to bug fixes lol.

Dev blogs saying what? Oh look guys, new tutorial! Look! Rank 1 start! Look! our intern cobbled up some lame 1->35 kdf missions for you to rank up!

...which is all pointless garbage since the time people spend between 1 to 50 on the fed side now is less than a week.

No end game additions for KDF is the sole indicator that Cryptic just doesn't care about KDF no matter how much they promise and state they do. Words mean nothing, actions do. So far their actions prove only that they don't.

Where are the new ships for KDF that are not copy/paste versions of fed ships and are not lockbox? Where are our unique ship designs (vesta type)? Ah right.. NOWHERE. Not one in 2 years.

Where are the fixes to critical KDF gameplay bugs that for 2 years have plagued the faction? Ah..right.. they NEVER came. However it is important to note the instant the Federation received access to KDF equipment the bugs that were tied to same equipment were magically fixed.

(yes, we are still very bitter of the decloak-for-comms bug. Grow some balls and admit it is a bug not a feature and fix the gdamn thing).

and now, the romulan faction will simply bury the KDF due to all efforts going into them as the soon to be most popular/populous faction. I would like to say that any work that was scheduled for KDF would not happen now.

...but I know it simply was never scheduled in the first place.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
03-24-2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post

[SNAP]
Really, dude, lighten up. That was OP's point with starting thist thread in the first place. To share a positive vibe amongst all the gloomy threads around, that IMHO are based on pure speculation so far.

I'm not saying that you're wrong in what you said. Considering the past experiences, noone can blame you for having the opinion you stated. But, if you had to share it, why not on one of the fine selection of gloom & doom threads that emerged lately?

Let's try to keep the positive mood in this one, like the OP wished for, shall we?
Empire Veteran
# 6
03-24-2013, 10:54 AM
All we can do is wait and see.
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....

R.I.P
Captain
# 7
03-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Yup, a 20 level tutorial broken up by the Romulan introduction to the game.

Is a good day to be Klingon.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Commander
# 8
03-25-2013, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Where are the fixes to critical KDF gameplay bugs that for 2 years have plagued the faction? Ah..right.. they NEVER came. However it is important to note the instant the Federation received access to KDF equipment the bugs that were tied to same equipment were magically fixed.

(yes, we are still very bitter of the decloak-for-comms bug. Grow some balls and admit it is a bug not a feature and fix the gdamn thing).

and now, the romulan faction will simply bury the KDF due to all efforts going into them as the soon to be most popular/populous faction. I would like to say that any work that was scheduled for KDF would not happen now.

...but I know it simply was never scheduled in the first place.
Well if Roms and KDF both complain about the cloaking bug, together they will probably make 1/3 to 1/2 of the playerbase. That bug will get fixed at least. There will be some bright side to splitting the Fed fanbase.
Empire Veteran
# 9
03-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alopen View Post
Well if Roms and KDF both complain about the cloaking bug, together they will probably make 1/3 to 1/2 of the playerbase. That bug will get fixed at least. There will be some bright side to splitting the Fed fanbase.
A lot of Federation only players have admit they play it because there isn't a Romulan faction so the Federation player base I think will loose a lot of their player base to the Romulan faction.

To be totally honest I never understood why someone would only ever play one faction, I play both while I prefer the KDF all I am after is having all factions equal in content and development with no bias on any single faction. More content on the KDF will just bring more players and more money will come out of the faction. While they will never meet the Federation popularity ignoring a portion of your player base and customers isn't a good business strategy. I am hoping PWE and Cryptic have finally realized this. We will find out in May.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 10
03-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
A lot of Federation only players have admit they play it because there isn't a Romulan faction so the Federation player base I think will loose a lot of their player base to the Romulan faction.

To be totally honest I never understood why someone would only ever play one faction, I play both while I prefer the KDF all I am after is having all factions equal in content and development with no bias on any single faction. More content on the KDF will just bring more players and more money will come out of the faction. While they will never meet the Federation popularity ignoring a portion of your player base and customers isn't a good business strategy. I am hoping PWE and Cryptic have finally realized this. We will find out in May.
While you are right, some people may have an excuse. Like a science character on KDF side does not have a dedicated sci ship, and a Fed side a dedicated carrier unless you buy zen.

But yeah. Most people I think would try all sides out. With 10 level 50 chars, half of them Fed, half KDF, I can say that both side has its appeals and weaknesses trek wise and gameplay wise.