Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 349
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20130128a.62

General:
  • Resolved the issue that caused the Crystalline Entity to always be set to Elite difficulty.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 2
03-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20130128a.62

General:
  • Resolved the issue that caused the Crystalline Entity to always be set to Elite difficulty.
BOO! Fix picking up loot decloaking me, the countless costume cllipping issues, the unfit state DX11 is on Holodeck, and the few million other bugs your team continues to ignore!
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 711
# 3
03-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
BOO! Fix picking up loot decloaking me, the countless costume cllipping issues, the unfit state DX11 is on Holodeck, and the few million other bugs your team continues to ignore!
You realize they are trying to fix something. Noticeably the notoriously bugged and difficult Crystalline Entity.

You may be unhappy, but many others including me are happy they are finally fixing these bugged fleet actions.

So complain all you want. It gets you no where.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,422
# 4
03-25-2013, 06:04 PM
If not complaining got us here I am not sure complaining will make much of a difference.

Can you honestly say the crystaline mission is more important than fixing t5 rewards?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 5
03-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
If not complaining got us here I am not sure complaining will make much of a difference.

Can you honestly say the crystaline mission is more important than fixing t5 rewards?
Exactly! There are way more important things to be fixed but that doesn't mean they can't work on more than one thing at a time. How about fixing Terradome also and the countless other unmentioned broken things in STO?
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 6
03-26-2013, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
Exactly! There are way more important things to be fixed but that doesn't mean they can't work on more than one thing at a time. How about fixing Terradome also and the countless other unmentioned broken things in STO?
Maybe it's just me, but the fact that they're fixing CC makes it a smidge more likely that they'll actually fix Terradome, and the DS9 and Gekli FAs.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,216
# 7
03-26-2013, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
BOO! Fix picking up loot decloaking me, the countless costume cllipping issues, the unfit state DX11 is on Holodeck, and the few million other bugs your team continues to ignore!
While bridge officers talking to me while I'm cloaked and it breaking irritates me to no end, picking up loot breaking stealth effects is a staple of gaming. Working as intended, IMO.

Clipping issues are normal, is this your first game?

DX11 support is in beta, you expected no bugs?

Edit: In a world of legitimate complaints, this is the best you can do?
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 8
03-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
While bridge officers talking to me while I'm cloaked and it breaking irritates me to no end, picking up loot breaking stealth effects is a staple of gaming. Working as intended, IMO.

Clipping issues are normal, is this your first game?

DX11 support is in beta, you expected no bugs?

Edit: In a world of legitimate complaints, this is the best you can do?
Yes, this was my first MMO but I also play DCUO. I run into a lot less issues in that game and have significantly less complaints with it also.

As a paying customer, my complaints are equally as important as every other players whether they are a subscriber or free player. Those are the ones that annoy me. DX11 has been in beta for how long? If they can't take the time to bother with it, get it off of Holodeck! BO's forcing you to decloak is equally as annoying as picking up loot doing the same to me. There are still issues with the game crashing under DX9, DX10.1, and DX11 on New Romulus amoung the lengthy list that could easily be compiled from just a glance around the forums. The CE being fixed is definitely something welcome but it's been broken for a very long time with a ton of other things. A lot more needs to get fixed faster! I was just pointing out some things I would like to see fixed sooner than later.

I'm curious to know for anyone who interested. If you could have any one thing fixed, redone, etc. in a way you would like in STO. What would it be? For me, it would be the TWoK uniforms completely remasters with all ranks from Crewman all the way up to Fleet Admiral. I would even pay for it from the C-Store also. Yes, that would be top of the list, even over the cloak bug.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,216
# 9
03-26-2013, 10:59 AM
The UI is a wreck and needs a do-over, IMO, but I'll reserve further comment until I see how much gets fixed with the expansion.

But... If you really want to know... The bug that makes me want to throw my mouse *AT* my keyboard is when I go to repair in a hurry and every time its my bloody shuttle...

Edit: As an addendum, it would not be a problem at all for me if you guys could get the Type 10 shuttle from the DS9 bundle on the ship requisition officer so if I discharge her I can re-commission her somehow.

I'm glad I tested it on a low level alt first, but there is no way to get the Type 10 back if you lose her.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard

Last edited by kimmym; 03-26-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,223
# 10
03-26-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm a guy that cares about the nuts and bolts more than a paint job, personally.

Priority 1? When I press buttons they should do what the button says. When I do things they should do what the tooltips say. Torpedos shouldn't misfire while a cooldown goes off saying they fired, when they didn't. Costume menus shouldn't reset themselves if I want to edit one minor detail. When I go to repair my ship and I haven't been in my shuttle for two months (because there is no shuttle content), I shouldn't have to click on a pulldown to get off my shuttle and onto the ship I'm in. Basic control issues like that. There are still quite a few. Menus that need cleaning up, buttons that need attention. UI issues mostly, some of it is just cleanup some of it is legitimate bugs. I'd throw "ships decloaking because you talk" in here too, really. That's clearly not right.

So, basic game mechanics, more or less.

Priority 2, game balancing stuff. I have plenty of gripes here but I consider game mechanic issues a higher priority.

Priority 3, shiny things. But it's really kind of minor to the first two.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 03-26-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:45 AM.