Captain
# 1 Wormhole prop?
03-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Is there a wormhole prop in the Foundry?

I've been trying to use the DS9 map's Wormhole, but I'm pretty sure it only opens at irregular intervals, and not when vessels are near it. I'm looking for something else that will work consistently.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
IMO: Season 9 was the best season, Devs were right to focus on bugfixing. Roll back Delta Rising to that.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
03-26-2013, 04:11 PM
As far as I know that's the only one.

You could always put something in dialogue instructing the player to wait till it opens. They won't really be required to, but for the sake of immersion...
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Rihannsu
# 3
03-26-2013, 05:19 PM
There's a few other objects that look kinda like wormholes. try searching for portal.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 4
03-26-2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
As far as I know that's the only one.

You could always put something in dialogue instructing the player to wait till it opens. They won't really be required to, but for the sake of immersion...
I'm not really going to use it for that, I'm using it for a demo record. It'd be nice if it opened up when NPC ships were patrolling through it.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
IMO: Season 9 was the best season, Devs were right to focus on bugfixing. Roll back Delta Rising to that.
Captain
# 5
03-27-2013, 01:36 PM
You can use one of the gateway props tied with triggers; there is a blue one (forget which) that looks pretty good for this. I made a DS9 map once that I ended up not using. I had the player dock with the one of the station's upper pylons and put the effect close by to seem large while having the player engaged in a maneuver at an exact point so they didn't go near it to dispel the forced perspective illusion.

*There was a small reach marker at the pylon for the player to dock with the station and a larger one surrounding it.

*The player is directed to go to the pylon (inner reach marker)

*As the player crosses the outer marker, the effect is triggered to make it look like the wormhole has opened.

*Once the player reaches the inner marker to dock, the effect goes away through a second trigger to appear as though the wormhole has closed.

Looked pretty good to me so you can give something like that a try.