Commander
# 1 Where is the 'End Game'?
03-28-2013, 12:51 AM
We are about to receive a massive amount of new content but we still don't have what many consider to be a true end game scenario. Where are the extreem difficulty, multi-team raids that reward unique, epic loot drops? Reputation grinding is not end game content. Rep systems should be spaced out amoung all 50 levels and there should be many more rep systems to choose from. But, that is off topic...
Where is our end game? What are we gearing up for? We get more and more powerfull for what? What challenge awaits that will put this high level gear and new abilities to the ultimate test? Where are our unique, epic boss drops? Remember the Borg Analyzer Kit? When will we punish the weak by denying them the fat loot and reward the skilled by making them stand out amoung the community as epic conquerers?
Lieutenant
# 2 Ending Event
03-28-2013, 02:04 AM
For those that were active during Beta ....

Perhaps you are referencing something similar to the Ending Beta Event.

http://youtu.be/VENozahCy0A

Something for the 5 year Anniversary or beyond (LOL)
Fleet Admiral Cassity
Delta Fleet
Commander
# 3 o.o
03-28-2013, 02:52 AM
Not exactly. Wow has 10-25 player raid dungeons of giant scale and difficulty. Why do we not have something similar? I don't like that people do not have to increase their skill to obtain the most powerfull gear and that a person with little understanding of the game, in time, can have MK 12 OMEGA and so on. Those items should be reserved for the most skilled players and earned through the most intense raids.
What is there for players who seek challenge besides pvp which is limited in game modes? Where are our epic boss fights with fat loot drops for the most skilled players? When will we truely seperate the men from the boys in PVE?

Last edited by akurie666; 03-28-2013 at 03:07 AM.
Captain
# 4
03-28-2013, 03:39 AM
oh boy, you shouldn't have made that comparison with wow...you will be flamed beyond credibility.
Not by me though, since i too loved raiding in wow, to a certain point. But when i was done with raiding in wow, STO was exactly the kind of MMO i was looking for. No time intensive endgame content etc...(got my endgame gear before hitting lvl 50 before the STF redesign, and i loved it)

anyway, sto is not that kind of MMO, it is far more casual and shaped around the 3 hour per week guy...not the 4-5 hours per day nerd.

don't get me wrong, i'd love to see such content, but that is not the peer group sto is aimed at.

though i wouldn't mind for more STF like content, the tau dewa red alert is also not bad and the 5 man nukara elite missions had also something about them that i liked.

Also "bring back the OLD STF" as ultra elite weekly missions, only for premade teams and special rewards that is not available via reputation (not saying it must be better, just different)
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 03-28-2013 at 03:44 AM.
Commander
# 5
03-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
Also "bring back the OLD STF" as ultra elite weekly missions, only for premade teams and special rewards that is not available via reputation (not saying it must be better, just different)
I was here for the vanilla STF missions. I miss requiring Ventrillo for the groups I would lead. This game has lost its teeth to a community of weaklings who cried for change because they could not keep up.
Based on what the the forum community, which does not represent the majority of the game player base, always wants we have a long road ahead filled with costumes and social zones for people to tell Gorn jokes in. They don't play games. They play dress up.

Last edited by akurie666; 03-28-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Captain
# 6
03-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akurie666 View Post
Not exactly. Wow has 10-25 player raid dungeons of giant scale and difficulty. Why do we not have something similar? I don't like that people do not have to increase their skill to obtain the most powerfull gear and that a person with little understanding of the game, in time, can have MK 12 OMEGA and so on. Those items should be reserved for the most skilled players and earned through the most intense raids.
What is there for players who seek challenge besides pvp which is limited in game modes? Where are our epic boss fights with fat loot drops for the most skilled players? When will we truely seperate the men from the boys in PVE?
This is not WoW.

If I wanted to play WoW I would.

Finally they have created No Win Scenario which pretty much requires a premade to win and Hive Space Elite. Granted neither are truly difficult when you have the right group but then again....

All supposedly difficult WoW content is merely a gear check and I for one despise gear checks.

Do. Not. Want.

Lastly the one great thing about the good post WoW games is that they focus on the player(s) of the group doing the right thing. Letting a singular really good player swing the tide and make all the difference in the encounter.

WoW fights are all about not doing the wrong thing. Don't stand here, don't do this don't do that. Another thing I find annoying.

Seriously dude you can either rail against the intended casual focused design of this game all you want. It is not going to change. They would rather cater to the hundreds of thousands of casual paying customers than the handful of 'elitist' seekers such as yourself.
Get yer Fleet Gear here!
Military 4 / Engineering 4 / Science 4
Starbase 4 / Embassy 2 / Mine 3 / Spire 3
Diplomacy 3 / Recruit 3 / Trade 3 / Development 3 / Research 3 / Operations 3
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post16435781

Last edited by bareel; 03-28-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Commander
# 7
03-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
This is not WoW.
Seriously dude you can either rail against the intended casual focused design of this game all you want. It is not going to change. They would rather cater to the hundreds of thousands of casual paying customers than the handful of 'elitist' seekers such as yourself.
Sounds like the ranting of someone who fell behind once upon a time and never gained the skill to catch back up. If you're jealous of someone elses hard earned loot you should man up instead of having the DEVs remove diffculties or ruin what all other games have, an 'end game' with rewards for the most skilled players.

Last edited by akurie666; 03-28-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Career Officer
# 8
03-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Sounds like the ranting of someone who fell behind once upon a time and never gained the skill to catch back up. If you're jealous of someone elses hard earned loot you should man up instead of having the DEVs remove diffculties or ruin what all other games have, an 'end game' with rewards for the most skilled players.
Well, thats just wrong.

I may be arguing with Bareel in another thread. As far as I'm concerned, an honest difference of opinion, being thrashed out in a tough but respectful way.

However, there's one thing I do not doubt.

Bareel knows his onions.

You, however, are clearly an onion not knower, who apparently finds it difficult that STO doesn't blindly follow the paradigm of other games that you enjoy.

Go play Wow, if Wow is what you want. STO is different, and difference is not bad.
Captain
# 9
03-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Sounds like the ranting of someone who fell behind once upon a time and never gained the skill to catch back up. If you're jealous of someone elses hard earned loot you should man up instead of having the DEVs ruin what all other games have, an 'end game' with rewards for the most skilled players.
Sounds like the rantings of someone who needs to have better shinies in a video game than others to feel superior in some way.

If you are jealous of the players in this game having the same exact gear as you why don't you simply man up, dump a few hundred bucks into the game and get yourself a Bug Ship eh? Maybe that will help out the Epeen problem you seem to have.

Or you could simply find a way to fill that psychological need outside of a video game. Nah that won't happen so why don't you go play a game that does require actual skill such as a MOBA and ride your way to the top of the ladders and form a professional team to compete at real events against real humans instead of scripted NPCs that only require you to have the proper gear to kill.
Get yer Fleet Gear here!
Military 4 / Engineering 4 / Science 4
Starbase 4 / Embassy 2 / Mine 3 / Spire 3
Diplomacy 3 / Recruit 3 / Trade 3 / Development 3 / Research 3 / Operations 3
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post16435781
Lieutenant
# 10
03-28-2013, 03:41 AM
Quote:
We are about to receive a massive amount of new content but we still don't have what many consider to be a true end game scenario. Where are the extreem difficulty, multi-team raids that reward unique, epic loot drops? Reputation grinding is not end game content. Rep systems should be spaced out amoung all 50 levels and there should be many more rep systems to choose from. But, that is off topic...
Where is our end game? What are we gearing up for? We get more and more powerfull for what? What challenge awaits that will put this high level gear and new abilities to the ultimate test? Where are our unique, epic boss drops? Remember the Borg Analyzer Kit? When will we punish the weak by denying them the fat loot and reward the skilled by making them stand out amoung the community as epic conquerers?
Yeah, what he said !
I thought I took the Blue Pill.......