Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 84
So Dstahl tried to spin it that Romulans are a full faction, however they will either join the KDF or Federation at a certain point and will not have their own star bases, and will be "allies" and fight on their chosen side for pvp purposes.

The benefit for the Klingons is that the bulk of romluan players are either going to be ex feds, or people that don't have interest in the federation in the first place.

I beleive most will choose Klingon as their "Ally" and thus join the ranks of the KDF. This means that they will participate in KDF fleets and activites and things like the 20 man kdf starbase defense missions will actually have enough players to trigger, as well as pvp wait time diminishing.

Furthermore, it's inevitable that after being lumped in with us and listening to us lament all the things we don't have that we can find support for finally getting things like kit visuals, and unique stories to the KDF that expand on the war, the allied races liek Orions and Gorn, etc.

It's going to be a good thing long term as our Romulan Allies bring a mutual hatred of those do gooder onesie wearing upside down spoon flying weaklings!
http://soundcloud.com/krovan-1
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 109
# 2
03-29-2013, 02:49 PM
I boil my concern about your conclusion to this: Why would a New Romulan join a KDF fleet when KDF fleets are not as far along in progression as Fed fleets? They can get better tier things more easily on Fed side than KDF. House of Beautiful Orion's might get interest, but why would anyone join a tier 1-4 KDF fleet? I see little motivation or incentive, so the likely result will be to join their existing FED fleet and enjoy the hard work they already invested.

Just my view. Who knows. Things change.
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 3
03-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulfrustriple View Post
so the likely result will be to join their existing FED fleet and enjoy the hard work they already invested.
^^ THIS. I mean, it's really the most sensible option. Stick with the fleet you're already invested in. Or join a fleet that's already where you want to be. That's overwhelmingly the fed side. It's the easy path. For devs and players.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 170
# 4
03-29-2013, 04:18 PM
If the Klingon low-pop pvp queues don't get better...well...that will be a shame.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,172
# 5
03-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chk231 View Post
If the Klingon low-pop pvp queues don't get better...well...that will be a shame.
It will get worse, as the Rommie-Fed hybrids are going to outnumber Rommie-KDF just as much as Fed vs KDF now. And they will all be looking for KDF to shoot.

People who only play Fed will naturally choose Fed. Its where their fleets and friends are. Its where their C-Store ships and consoles are.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,289
# 6
03-29-2013, 05:05 PM
A lot of players will take their Romulan to KDF to have access to consoles like leech.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,061
# 7
04-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
It will get worse, as the Rommie-Fed hybrids are going to outnumber Rommie-KDF just as much as Fed vs KDF now. And they will all be looking for KDF to shoot.

People who only play Fed will naturally choose Fed. Its where their fleets and friends are. Its where their C-Store ships and consoles are.
This. It would have been to the KDFs advantage to not have an ally system and to make Romulans start from scratch with their own fleets and starbases, then use them to fill queues.

As it is now even brand new Romulan players would be better off joining Fed because there is just more Fed fleets with more starbases and more ships with consoles.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,032
# 8
04-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
^^ THIS. I mean, it's really the most sensible option. Stick with the fleet you're already invested in. Or join a fleet that's already where you want to be. That's overwhelmingly the fed side. It's the easy path. For devs and players.
True. But even if 70% of the new romulans go federation, this means 30% goes Klingon and the Klingons are given a kiss of life.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 739
# 9
03-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulfrustriple View Post
I boil my concern about your conclusion to this: Why would a New Romulan join a KDF fleet when KDF fleets are not as far along in progression as Fed fleets? They can get better tier things more easily on Fed side than KDF. House of Beautiful Orion's might get interest, but why would anyone join a tier 1-4 KDF fleet? I see little motivation or incentive, so the likely result will be to join their existing FED fleet and enjoy the hard work they already invested.

Just my view. Who knows. Things change.
Because the most advanced Fed fleets are actually at 80% or more capacity (400+ players) and can't take on the Romulans coming. A change in fleet cap or some other setting would obviously alter this equation.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 19825 (Fed Engineer), 18465 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
# 10
03-30-2013, 12:11 AM
You act like this new race will bring SWARMS of new people to STO.

It most likley wont, and 75% of romulans will probably be fed alts, and will go into fed fleets anyways.

Most feds are in small to medium fleets with T3-T4 starbases and loads of membership room.

As for the fleet cap, the only fleet that I am aware of with cap issues even with regularly pruning inactives, and restricting alts is Reddit.


The new 'race' expansion wont help us in the slightest as we will still benefit the least from it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:48 PM.