Captain
# 1 Klingons are facing extinction!!
03-30-2013, 09:53 AM
If Romulans are allowed to Join the KDF and have access to Romulan ships and KDF ships and gear - what possible reason would any new player roll a Klingon toon?

I mean you can roll a Rommie and come into a KDF fleet and have access to all KDF ships and equipment and you get all the Romulan shinnies to?

All the old KDF players are stuck with just the KDF gear as I see it now.

So unless I am wrong - other than Klingon fandom - what possible reason is there to start/keep a Klingon toon when you can - or a new player can get access to all your stuff+their new stuff?

So those fleets that built up bases - you get to build ships and gear for the Romulans - that you wont have access to as a Klingon!!

I hope I am wrong - but if this is true - the Klingon race is going to almost disappear in STO.
Commander
# 2
03-30-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
If Romulans are allowed to Join the KDF and have access to Romulan ships and KDF ships and gear - what possible reason would any new player roll a Klingon toon?

I mean you can roll a Rommie and come into a KDF fleet and have access to all KDF ships and equipment and you get all the Romulan shinnies to?

All the old KDF players are stuck with just the KDF gear as I see it now.

So unless I am wrong - other than Klingon fandom - what possible reason is there to start/keep a Klingon toon when you can - or a new player can get access to all your stuff+their new stuff?

So those fleets that built up bases - you get to build ships and gear for the Romulans - that you wont have access to as a Klingon!!

I hope I am wrong - but if this is true - the Klingon race is going to almost disappear in STO.
You underestimate the effectiveness of KDF ships and gear.
Captain
# 3
03-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserfish View Post
You underestimate the effectiveness of KDF ships and gear.
And you fail to the see the point.

By joining the KDF Romulans have access to BOTH their Shipyards and also to the KDF shipyards.

The point is why would you roll a Klingon if the only thing you are cutoff from are the KDF races, you get EVERYTHING the KDF have as a Romulan, even their missions (The Gates of Gre'thor, now with 100% more awkward) so whats is really the point?

The only thing you lose is Uniforms MAYBE (I am sure you get HG unlock and so you get to dress you Rommy with a HG set) and race choices for captain, thats it ... everything else you have, ships, DOFFs, weapons ... everything.

Why roll a Kling?
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
03-30-2013, 10:50 AM
lol I always find these type of threads amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
Klingon Fandom has always been the only reason to roll a Klingon. Nothing changes.
I can see that someone else pretty much answered it. Thanks nynik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
And you fail to the see the point.

By joining the KDF Romulans have access to BOTH their Shipyards and also to the KDF shipyards.

The point is why would you roll a Klingon if the only thing you are cutoff from are the KDF races, you get EVERYTHING the KDF have as a Romulan, even their missions (The Gates of Gre'thor, now with 100% more awkward) so whats is really the point?

The only thing you lose is Uniforms MAYBE (I am sure you get HG unlock and so you get to dress you Rommy with a HG set) and race choices for captain, thats it ... everything else you have, ships, DOFFs, weapons ... everything.
Luckily enough, not everyone perceives things as one-dimensional. If my Romulan char. gives me access to the fleet Excelsior, do you really think I'll put her in a Fed. ship rather than her own D'Deridex?!?
My Klingons fly Klingon ships.
My Orions fly Syndicate flight-deck cruisers.
My Feds. fly saucery ships with red bussard collectors & blue nacelles.
The only exception would be the Kumari, but since I'm an ENT fan you can't hold that against me. And it's only for my Andorian and noone else.

So, no, I can't see myself saying "Ah, the Roms. give me access to everything, I'll just throw my other chars to the junkyard." and I know quite a few people who are of the same opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Why roll a Kling?
Uhm.....because I want to?
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 5
03-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
The only exception would be the Kumari, but since I'm an ENT fan you can't hold that against me. And it's only for my Andorian and noone else.
My Vulcan commands an entire bridge full of pink skins on my Kumari. The joke makes me giggle everytime I log in.
Captain
# 6
03-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Its a devious Romulan plot to wipe out the Klingons forever MUWA HA HA HA HA HA. Really, did you expect anything less from a Romulan?
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
04-28-2013, 08:42 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I'm going to choose Fed Rommie, simply because lore-wise it makes more sense, but I doubt most people would consider that.
Career Officer
# 8
03-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Klingon Fandom has always been the only reason to roll a Klingon. Nothing changes.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Empire Veteran
# 9
03-31-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
That is pretty much the truth in a nutshell. Pretty much the whole way fandom is played is setting up ships via canon so the only actual KDF ships I could see romulan players using on KDF side is the D7 and Kamarag if anything.
Captain
# 10
03-30-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Just yesterday you made a thread stating how much of a boon it would be for the KDF. Are you trying to play both ends against the middle?
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Closed Thread