Lt. Commander
I'm just now getting to the end of the Romulan Rep System on my carrier captain and I'm wondering if the Elite Scorpions are a Viable replacement for the Advanced BoPs?

Will I see similar damage out of the Scorpions or better then the Advanced BoPs?

I wish I could get the Elite BoPs but I don't see that happening anytime soon....
Career Officer
# 2
03-30-2013, 03:07 PM
I didn't spend a whole lot of time testing it, but what I found in a quick and dirty was if I just spam fired and left my pets on auto attack, the scorps were better. If I actually tried aiming the bops and making them decloak/alpha strike, the burst of the bops was still "better". I wasn't parsing, I turned my KDF to a fun time alt, sorry.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Commander
# 3
03-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsf00181 View Post
I'm just now getting to the end of the Romulan Rep System on my carrier captain and I'm wondering if the Elite Scorpions are a Viable replacement for the Advanced BoPs?

Will I see similar damage out of the Scorpions or better then the Advanced BoPs?

I wish I could get the Elite BoPs but I don't see that happening anytime soon....
Advanced BoPs are FAR superior!

FAR superior!

Best advice, go for the BoPs, forget the Scorpions, they turn to crap quickly, if you had any real engagements (such as STFs or PvP) the Scorpions will hurt you, not help you.

If anything, get advanced Orion Slavers over the Bird of Preys.
Captain
# 4
03-30-2013, 11:05 PM
My experience is that if you plan on running high Aux and have flight deck officers, get Scorpions. You can get the launch time down to 10 seconds, and since pets reset their tactical abilities on every launch, this equates to huge quantities of heavy plasma torpedoes flying everywhere and obliterating everything.

On the other hand, if you plan on running high Wep power and no FDOs then go with the BOPs. They need a firmer hand on the reins but have a lot of firepower and are less reliant on launch-spam since they have better endurance under fire and higher inherent weapon damage.

Scorpions: high aux launch-spam and chaos.

BOPs: low aux targeted precision strikes.

Though, something else to keep in mind. BOPs can only be used by the Vo'quv. If you ever want to try Recluse or Dreadnaught carriers, you can't take them with you. But scorpions are not tied to any specific ship.
Captain
# 5
04-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsf00181 View Post

Their overall damage is much higher than the bird of prey. Bird of prey however delivers the alpha strike faster (them hvy plasma torps are slooow).

In my VoQuv I use omega torpedo, hyper plasma and romulan experimental beam in the fore with my scorpions. It plasma bombs like a mofo.

Scorpions do great against all target except the borg queen. For the borg queen the birds of prey are kings. And we know what the king does to the queen.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg