Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 175
I was in a STF and there was a little accident that you guys all know the nodes being killed before and the OPT fails then 1 player left the map and then I sayd to myself I will just leave also it gave me a STF leave penalty wich is stupid then I want to do some big dig or something else then STF now it says this: [System] [PvPGeneral] You are temporarily banned from joining or creating public queues.

Like since when do you get BANNED in all queues???

And how long is my ban???
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 366
# 2
04-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uss917019 View Post
I was in a STF and there was a little accident that you guys all know the nodes being killed before and the OPT fails then 1 player left the map and then I sayd to myself I will just leave also it gave me a STF leave penalty wich is stupid then I want to do some big dig or something else then STF now it says this: [System] [PvPGeneral] You are temporarily banned from joining or creating public queues.

Like since when do you get BANNED in all queues???

And how long is my ban???
Since Season 7, and it's for 1 hour.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 175
# 3
04-01-2013, 09:54 AM
it says STF not everything else beside I have left STF before and it never done that to me why today?????
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,136
# 4
04-01-2013, 10:06 AM
So you bailed when the optional was failed ?

Did you consider the 3 guys you left in mission, if they also left they would've gotten a leaver penalty as well but since you left and there was only 3 to try to finish the mission, YOU hosed them.

A 1 hour ban isn't punishment enough for you selfishness and treachery.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG

Last edited by lordmalak1; 04-01-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Ensign
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
# 5
04-06-2013, 03:55 PM
IMO the leaver penalty should be 24 hours for the STF that you left, 5 hours for all STFs and 1 hour for every other PvE queue

Oh, and it should also be an account wide timer.

Worried you'll get wrongfully pinned with it because you have a crappy internet connection? Well, too bad. Get out of the stone-age.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,926
# 6
04-06-2013, 04:17 PM
I think the leaver penalty needs to be removed completely.

Because if its removed, afk leechers will no longer be able to troll so badly.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,525
# 7
04-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysandermarcellus View Post
IMO the leaver penalty should be 24 hours for the STF that you left, 5 hours for all STFs and 1 hour for every other PvE queue

Oh, and it should also be an account wide timer.

Worried you'll get wrongfully pinned with it because you have a crappy internet connection? Well, too bad. Get out of the stone-age.
Most idiotic thing I've read today...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 136
# 8
04-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysandermarcellus View Post
IMO the leaver penalty should be 24 hours for the STF that you left, 5 hours for all STFs and 1 hour for every other PvE queue

Oh, and it should also be an account wide timer.

Worried you'll get wrongfully pinned with it because you have a crappy internet connection? Well, too bad. Get out of the stone-age.
And those that have a good net connection and get kicked because of the game are also screwed. But since that was none of our fault we need to get out of the stone age.

Some things would work so much better if people just thought before they commented.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
# 9
04-10-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysandermarcellus View Post

Worried you'll get wrongfully pinned with it because you have a crappy internet connection? Well, too bad. Get out of the stone-age.
Stone age? That would be the land of floppy disks, sneaker net, thin net, fat net, token ring, coax networks, and dial up modems... OH GOT THE HORRORS!!

And things happen to internet connections. Networks lag, routers go bad, modems die, and power blips, brownouts, and outages happen.

Even with a battery backup system running my PC and home network all it takes for those of us not in a location with underground utilities is a single tree branch, tree, speeding lunatic, drunk driver, or forces of nature to cause a disruption in utilities. And by utilities I mean phone/DSL/ADSL/fiber optic, cable TV/internet, and power.


Things happen, Murphy comes over for a visit, and just accept the fact that while YOU may have an internet connection that others dream about, YOU must pause and think about those of us who may not have the most stable always available connections. I had to live with dial up for years, NEVER getting above 26.4kb due to old paper insulated phone lines. Then in 2002... Adelphia dropped broadband service, which was about as stable as a drunk one legged giraffe. In 2003 Adelphia had managed to "fix" their network, later actually fixing it before becoming Comcast. Even today I still have issues with the Comcast internet service.


It even took my area 11 years to get even a single bar of cellular service. Now my area gets two bars of service, and I don't even have to go out to the end of my driveway to fish for a cellular signal like in the past.
Vice Admiral Triela - Proud member of Valhalla's Rising
██ ██ U.S.S. Protos Heis ██ ██
Lieutenant General - Scheherazade - Honorable warrior of Sto'Vo'kor's Rising
██ ██ I.K.S. Protos Heis ██ ██
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 67
# 10
05-03-2013, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uss917019 View Post
I was in a STF and there was a little accident that you guys all know the nodes being killed before and the OPT fails then 1 player left the map and then I sayd to myself I will just leave also it gave me a STF leave penalty wich is stupid then I want to do some big dig or something else then STF now it says this: [System] [PvPGeneral] You are temporarily banned from joining or creating public queues.

Like since when do you get BANNED in all queues???

And how long is my ban???
You sound like the ragequitters I have been having to deal with lately! I can barely get an STF done without one dropping for one reason or another, thus making the mission either VERY hard or impossible to finish. I can't count how many missions that I and fellow team members have had to quit out of because someone ragequitted. It's getting to the point that I can only finish MAYBE one or two STFs a night due to ragequitters. And for someone trying to get his Omega rep up for some antiproton weapon so he can be more effective in STFs, that's a problem.

And before you say that I should play with people in my fleet, let me add that I mostly play late nights because I have a very busy life during the day and barely have time for STO.

Also, on a side note, I don't seem to suffer the leaver penalty when I drop from a match for above reasons. I have been in a match and had to drop when two people dropped and made the mission impossible to finish (Cure: Applied, I think it was), so I entered into Cure Found pve and got in, strangely at the same time as one of my team members from the match before also joined that one. Of course, that was a strange match in which someone was flying a Tier 2 Connie. Oh dear, that was a night.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:29 PM.