Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I tried exit and log back in. No chats seem to be working. Only have Local listed and can't see my own chat.
Tried clicking out and in through chat window options too.

UPDATE ==========
Emergency maintenance announced
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2010, 06:14 PM
I am having this issue as well. Chat came back for a brief moment out of nowhere and spammed my chat window with everything I had typed and everyone else had typed. As far as I can tell, no one received messages during this period.

I was able to confirm with a friend that she had not seen anything I had typed to her or even my logging status until that brief moment when the chat started working again.

Edit: I forgot to mention that is messes with the friends list as well. My friends list shows as blank when I open it during these communication outages.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Same here. My friends are able to c my chat, but I can't see nething. Only Chat tabs that work are NPC and Combat, but I can't c any real person talking.

Even though my friends arn't experiencing the chat problem, they did mention they have no more friend list, just like me as well.

Are we the only ones with this problem? lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2010, 06:26 PM
No you are not. I see no chat at all, none of my chat messages are going through, nothing, private messages or public, anywhere anything.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndarielHalo View Post
No you are not. I see no chat at all, none of my chat messages are going through, nothing, private messages or public, anywhere anything.
Makes me feel a bit better. No chat kinda puts an inertial dampener on team play, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2010, 06:29 PM
I am seeing NPC chat in the NPC chat window. It seems to just be player stuff I can't see, not even my own emote text.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2010, 06:38 PM
same problem... no chat whatsoever (from real people)

wich is REALLY annoying when your playing a ridiculously hard mission such as kinjer or whatever its called -.- everyone was shooting diff targets... its hard enough as it is when you work together