Cryptic Studios Team
Any comments, questions, concerns, and bugs for the whole trait revamp goes right here!

We'll be allowing unlimited free respecs from a vendor for testing soon! I'll update the thread with information on how to get them once they're up and running.

Update! You can now get free respecs on Drozana station. There is a console called "Test Special Items" that the you can use to get all the free respecs you want. Please use them to test out different builds, traits, etc, and please leave your feedback!

Last edited by salamiinferno; 04-03-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
04-02-2013, 04:33 PM
please add an eng captain trait that causes the damage bonus from EPtW to last all 30 seconds instead of 5 seconds. if it was an eng trait, it would be something a tac captain could not further stack, and match well with the over time damage of weapons an eng and a cruiser would tend to use.

power creep has benefited both spike damage and healing, but done nothing for pressure, or directly counters it. with all the proc and rep heals, pressure from an engineer deals a net of 0 damage. not even tac captains dealing pressure damage can make a dent anymore.

this trait would at least help a little, and if not just for eng, for all captain types.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
04-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Since Aliengen characters didn't have a Required trait, how will that affect them?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 4
04-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmaverick View Post
Since Aliengen characters didn't have a Required trait, how will that affect them?
AlienGen characters will have four useful traits picked for them at character creation based on whether they are creating Tactical, Engineering, or Science captains. When they respec, they will be able to spec all 9 of their Trait Slots from any of their Trait options - they have higher versatility than all other species still, but the gap between AlienGen and non-AlienGen characters in terms of overall Trait usefulness should now be drastically reduced as compared to before.
Captain
# 5
04-02-2013, 05:33 PM
hawk, what SCI needs is a trait that improves our control effects. Gravity well is useless right now, as resistances waters down the effect so much that even cruisers can escape it.

How about a trait that reduces max speed while hit by any control power by 50%?
Career Officer
# 6
04-02-2013, 05:47 PM
So... Im looking at the traits and not only can I not respec them but I cant even committ any new ones to empty slots, theres your feedback.
InGame - @Darth_Tauri
Joined - 9/2011
"You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
Commander
# 7
04-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevaldt View Post
So... Im looking at the traits and not only can I not respec them but I cant even committ any new ones to empty slots, theres your feedback.
Did you click "Activate" and then click "Commit Traits"? It worked for me.
Empire Veteran
# 8
04-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevaldt View Post
After the patch, none of my character can respec traits. Even ones that were freshly copied. The "Respec Traits" button is lit but does nothing, and the "Commit" button is always greyed out.
Career Officer
# 9
04-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Not sure if this has been said yet, but these powers force science captains to use science ships to really be useful.

10% to particle generators is embarrassing. My Main is a science captain that uses an oddy cruiser. The only thing this would effect is eject warp plasma, but.. it hardly does any damage anyways.

My oddy only has two science powers, hazard emitters and science team, both are not used enough to impact the photonic cool down.

There has to be additional more broad options available or these options need to be broadened to be as effective as the new tools your giving eng's (who do need a lot of love, I know) and tacts.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Real Join Date: Oct. 2009

Ensign
# 10
04-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Vulcans do not appear to have physical strength nor the option for it in the available traits window. I would appreciate it being re-introduced as an option at the very least.