Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
I know this Idea may be unpopular. But I believe since this is a new faction. And we are starting a new. It would be nice to experience in on a slow grind. Savor the time spent leveling a new character. After 30 days all bets are off. We are all in such a hurry to get where we are going. It might be nice to slow down and smell the flowers. Enjoy the lower levels and do some regular missions. Once you hit lvl 50 its all STFs and Romlulan and Fleet missions for the Reputation system.

Why not take our time?
Captain
# 2
04-04-2013, 01:06 AM
i actually agree.. MU xp gain is WAY TOO MUCH..

you can go from 1 to 50 in 3 or 4 days doing MU.
this is too fast..

so many people are level 50 and dont even know how to play because all they did was MU and doff.

you should only gain XP from story missions..

MU should be DIL ONLY.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Career Officer
# 3
04-04-2013, 01:10 AM
With it being revealed that the CE will be for a "limited time only" and them adding a "Event Reputation" system (not true reputation system like Omega or Romulan), maybe the Mirror Event and several other events that fell out of favor might get the same treatment?
Commander
# 4
04-04-2013, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
All XP gain is way too much. It certainly hasn't taken my new character long to get 30 levels with only daily Defera Borg missions and duty officer assignments (no MU). The last story mission I did was Spin the Wheel. Most working people can't catch Mirror Event that often anyway because of the 15-16 hour rotation.
Captain
# 5
04-04-2013, 05:32 AM
You folks now that you can level just as fast doing patrols? Without being tied to any event?

Just saying...

Leveling new chars via MU has become real painful lately from my experience. If you don't deal lot's of damage, you get a smaller share of the XP. And on low level MUs some people think it's a great idea to bring their VA buddies to "help" them level faster. Only thanks to them doing 90% of the damage the actual lowbies get 30 XP per kill. Awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Quote:

you can go from 1 to 50 in 3 or 4 days doing MU.
this is too fast..

so many people are level 50 and dont even know how to play because all they did was MU and doff.

you should only gain XP from story missions..

MU should be DIL ONLY.
Thats one. Do I need to go on and cherry pick out each one!

Or do you want to actually read the thread!

LMAO X 1000!!
Funny thing is its the second response!
Empire Veteran
# 7
04-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztoppers View Post
Thats one. Do I need to go on and cherry pick out each one!

Or do you want to actually read the thread!

LMAO X 1000!!
Funny thing is its the second response!
That's one, one person agrees with you, way to go you are the God of the internet, here's a cookie.
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
That's one, one person agrees with you, way to go you are the God of the internet, here's a cookie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4aybWANh3U

Sometimes all it takes is One
Commander
# 9
04-04-2013, 01:22 AM
So don't queue up for it.

I don't see the problem; I never did it while leveling my first character.

Quote:
No, so many people are level 50 and don't even know how to play because they're bad gamers and couldn't be bothered to improve themselves.
Commander
# 10
04-04-2013, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by millimidget View Post
So don't queue up for it.
I agree with that and also for both my chars I did all the episodes to level up.
"There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
I refuse to be content :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
Closed Thread