Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I posted about it in the April 2nd patch notes thread, but realised that this is probably a better place to report it.

At the moment on Tribble I'm seeing much greater power drain from Beam Fire At Will than I do on Holodeck, to the point that at the end of the ten second cycle, I'm seeing my weapon power go down to the 30s from a starting point that is substantially over 125.

It seems to be worse when there are more targets around.

Is this intended behaviour?

Scenario:

Ship: Odyssey Tac Cruiser
Fore Weapons: Romulan rep experimental beam, Fleet advanced Antiproton beam arrays x3
Aft Weapons: Kinetic Cutting Beam, Fleet advanced Antiproton beam arrays x3
Normal weapon power: 109 before buffs and procs
EPS skill: 121 (power transfer rate 11.8/sec)
Scenario happens with buffs: EPTW1, or with EPTW1 and EPS Transfer III; Nadion Inversion does keep weapon power levels at a reasonable level
Tested with: Beam Fire at Will II
Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Sky Road
Republic Veteran
# 2
04-03-2013, 10:35 AM
I noticed this as well on my operation oddy
Career Officer
# 3
04-04-2013, 06:26 AM
I have seen this as well. I used FAW-II with my Fleet Assault Cruiser.

Devil's Advocate: It could be possible that the drain is exactly the same as on Holodeck and its just the new UI on Tribble that enables us to view it properly.
Captain
# 4
04-04-2013, 06:34 AM
it might be that they fixed the experimental beam to drain power during FAW. because on holodeck the experimental beam does not drain weapon power when fired without a buff, nor if it is used with FAW. however with beam overload it does deal dmg. so they might have just fixed that bug
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Career Officer
# 5
04-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
it might be that they fixed the experimental beam to drain power during FAW. because on holodeck the experimental beam does not drain weapon power when fired without a buff, nor if it is used with FAW. however with beam overload it does deal dmg. so they might have just fixed that bug
I wasn't using the Experimental Beam Array, was using my Spiral Wave Disruptors. On Holodeck, while using FAW-II and Spiral Wave Disruptors, my Weapons Power display would go down to the 60s; on Tribble, it goes down to the 30s.

Last edited by sohtoh; 04-04-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Looks like this was a bug related to the BFAW fix that was applied to Holodeck today. Borticus has posted that it is a bug and a fix has been checked in.
Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Sky Road
Empire Veteran
The drain is now insane. My cruiser builds with good power management usually see power almost always in the green, sometimes barely dropping below 100. Today, power drops nearly to the bottom of the bar.

If I had to make a guess, your so-called 'fix' now causes the beam to drain on every shot that goes off. In other words, it fires at two targets, it is draining power twice.

As it stands, the ability is unusable.
Captain
# 8
04-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the warning, I was going to set up a FAW beam cruiser today because of the suppposed "fix" to FAW, but now I guess I will hold off.

Just when I had my hopes up something like this had to happen
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Yep they are officially incompetent.

Last edited by vesolc; 04-05-2013 at 02:27 AM.
Captain
# 10
04-04-2013, 03:34 PM
I have been playing with it on my beam boats and I suspect its working as intended. With the fix in place, we are making true shots on each target (we're getting damage bonuses and [Acc] bonuses on each target now), but we are also paying for the true shots with energy per shot as expected.

It didnt take much effort to adapt, just tweak the way you manage your firing sphere