Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Dominion Dreadnought question
04-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Im considering getting it, im thinking of having 4 polaron dhcs on the front, 2 turrets n borg cutting beam on back, maco deflector with jem hadar mk12 engines n shield (soon to be borg engine and shields) altho i am considerin using the rom engine for attack patterns increase, what do you think of set?

Atm im using on my jrm hadar attack ship
Attack pattern omega 3
Ap beta 1
Tac team 1 x2
Cannon scatter 1
Rapid fire 3
Eptw1
Emergency hull 2
Hazard emitters 2

Cant remember rest are they good for the carrier?

Also i see alot of questions about whats better the ultra rare scorpions or jem hadar advanced as i have access to both

Any advice wud b a great help
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2013, 11:03 AM
DHCs on the jem'hadar dread carrier is not such a great idea. i noticed a lot of people use them, but the turn rate is so lame that you'll never be able to use them properly. you will end up trying to facing your enemy and frustrating yourself.
the dread carrier is a tank which can do a great dps, but the main roll is tanking. you can tank tactical cubes and gates with no big problems, but you need to turn around to avoid losing your shields entirely.

in my opinion the best build that you can use for the jem'hadar is the plasma beam array with romulan torp in the front and the omega one in back. use 2 tactical consoles for the plasma torp and 2 for plasma energy weap. i think you can find the build somewhere in the fed shipyard forums.

the atack pets i think. they have huge hull first of all and the dps i think is almost the same. but the atack pets have some AI problems and i don't know if they fixed them with the last patch.

If we all live in boxes that doesn't mean my box is the same color like yours

Last edited by akpa; 04-05-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
04-05-2013, 11:57 AM
I heard havin all turrets on front and bk is good, im not surr if i shud use dual beam banks r just normal vannons i wud use torps but dont have any points on torps anymore
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkarie14 View Post
I heard havin all turrets on front and bk is good, im not surr if i shud use dual beam banks r just normal vannons i wud use torps but dont have any points on torps anymore
the arc for DBB is pretty low(90 i think, like the torp) and the dps is lower then the torp one. but if you don't want to respec you can use all beam array. you can get the romulan beam array that doesn't drawn weap power and the kinetic cutting beam in the aft.
all turrets is nice but the dps overall is lower then all beam arrays.

If we all live in boxes that doesn't mean my box is the same color like yours
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
04-05-2013, 01:12 PM
I did consider polaron beam arrays, which is better, advanced jem hadar fighter or ultra rare scorpion fighter? Can i have one of each?
Commander
# 6
04-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkarie14 View Post
I did consider polaron beam arrays, which is better, advanced jem hadar fighter or ultra rare scorpion fighter? Can i have one of each?
The Jem'Hadar fighters are awful, avoid them.