Ensign
# 1 Costume options?
04-06-2013, 01:36 AM
I'm returning after leaving the game shortly after launch. I was hoping that there would be more costume options on the Klingon side, but I didn't see anything new in the character creator other then the exclusive outfits the Orions get.

I'd like at a minimum to have a skirt. I've been to wiki and didn't see any. But I'd thought I'd ask here to see if there are any that aren't shown there, and can be gotten by playing the game.
Captain
# 2
04-06-2013, 01:52 AM
Uniform options between the Federation and Klingon factions in this game is a terrible mismatch in options. There just isn't enough for the KDF. Even the Orion and Nausicaans have limited options within their own unique clothing / "armor." You'd think after 3 years of release that this disparity would be lessened, but no. It hasn't even been looked at.

Uniform options for the KDF is literally the exact same as it was 3 months after STO came out in '09.
Career Officer
# 3
04-06-2013, 03:22 AM
I will highly agree with that statement. I was a lil' bored last night and tried to create a TOS-era klingon female... no need to bother since all the choice for a top was the "platted bra" with or without fur. I stopped right there and dropped my own plan... Seeing all these NPCs with gorgeous attire is such a tease...

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Empire Veteran
# 4
04-06-2013, 03:37 AM
there are 2 kdf skirts, warriors skirt and warriors decorated skirt, which cost 100 lobi or about 10M ec from exchange
Empire Veteran
# 5
04-06-2013, 05:08 AM
In fact I am more eager to see costumes than ships for the KDF, yes a true science line and some better cruisers and a fix of the pivot for the Raptor line are needed, but costumes are so limited then it makes my eye bleed.

I am hoping in May to get new uniforms but not counting on it. Skirts are a really desire for a lot of KDF fans I have talked too as are more clothing options in general that aren't restricted by race. In all honestly I think KDF aliens and purchased species (Joined Trill and Feresan) should have access to all species uniforms. Just my opinion on the matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Ensign
# 6
04-06-2013, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankokuneko View Post
there are 2 kdf skirts, warriors skirt and warriors decorated skirt, which cost 100 lobi or about 10M ec from exchange
Not sure what lobi are, but I doubt I'll make that many credits in the time I plan to spend here. I might just stick with the Orion I made once I play a few levels on the Fed side to get used to the game. My original character on this side is bugged anyway. I can't access the bank or exchange.

Wonder why they made exclusive race armor when this side lacks customization.

Thanks for the replies.
Empire Veteran
# 7
04-06-2013, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowess View Post
Not sure what lobi are, but I doubt I'll make that many credits in the time I plan to spend here. I might just stick with the Orion I made once I play a few levels on the Fed side to get used to the game. My original character on this side is bugged anyway. I can't access the bank or exchange.

Wonder why they made exclusive race armor when this side lacks customization.

Thanks for the replies.
Lobi comes from the lock boxes which requires a key bough from the c-store. Everything (more or less) from the lobi store is character bound as is the lobi itself from the boxes. It was something brought in after Cryptic was bought by Perfect World and isn't very popular by the forum goers here, but seems enough players buy and play the lotto system for them to continue doing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
04-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowess View Post
My original character on this side is bugged anyway. I can't access the bank or exchange.
Just in case you were not aware of this, the axis on the Klingon bank/exchange consoles is off the charts and you have to approach on the right-side on the console in order to get access to exchange/banking services. It doesn't react on the whole surface like the Fed. ones unfortunately.

If you knew this, please disregard this post. Maybe your char. is really bugged, I wanted to leave this here just in case you didn't knew about the issue with Klingon bank/exchange consoles.