Republic Veteran
# 1 BOFFs and the new trait system
04-07-2013, 03:17 PM
What will happen with the existing BOFFs when the Trait system is revamped?

Will they stay the same? Will there be ways to respec BOFFs? Will new BOFFs generated by the game after season 8 get the new Traits?
Rihannsu
# 2
04-07-2013, 03:25 PM
as i've understood it the new traits will be available only for player characters.

the BOFF's will have 4 traits as now, there just will be new BOFF's of new RACES with new traits.

= no need to change your BOFF's if you are happy

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Captain
# 3
04-07-2013, 03:26 PM
The new trait system is strictly for players so any current bridge officer will stay the same and future bridge officers might have new traits available. Class traits will be restricted to players. There is the possibility of racial traits being affected, but I doubt it.
Republic Veteran
# 4
04-08-2013, 03:42 AM
Hmm, disappointing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-08-2013, 04:05 AM
I imagine it would be quite the overhall to change the BOffs. Even if they went with 4 traits and a racial, there will be some overlap for racial traits.

Easy fix to me seems to be to delete all the traits which are duplicated by the Racial trait and replace with random new traits. Keep 4 traits for balance, and add the racial trait.

Even that may be a bit of a process to do. Perhaps it is on the "to-do" list.

I would really like more space traits for BOffs at least. There should be a legit reason to play all species on a starship, as it is you really only have a reason to staff your ship with Humans, Saurians, Lethiens and Borg.
Republic Veteran
# 6
04-08-2013, 04:38 AM
Would indeed annoy the people who spent a lot of assets on acquiring complete crews of Efficient Saurians (me).