Republic Veteran
Just wondering...what ever happened to them releasing this?
Career Officer
# 2
04-08-2013, 04:41 PM
I don't really remember anymore. I know a developer commented on it months ago though. I forget if it was a technical problem or a marketing problem (i.e. do people who own both the Galaxy-X and Galaxy-R get the updated ship for free or a discount). I'm sure someone around here remembers the details.
Captain
# 3
04-08-2013, 04:42 PM
There were problems with the mechanics of the lance, and then they had animation issues with how the saucer would align when rejoining - it clipped through the 3rd nacelle. That is the last I remember hearing about it.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 4
04-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
There were problems with the mechanics of the lance, and then they had animation issues with how the saucer would align when rejoining - it clipped through the 3rd nacelle. That is the last I remember hearing about it.
How does this differ from the insame amount of clipping issues with just about every costume in the game, amoung many others?
Captain
# 5
04-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
How does this differ from the insame amount of clipping issues with just about every costume in the game, amoung many others?
That would be a question for the art department.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 6
04-08-2013, 05:28 PM
In a related vein, I also know they were working on being able to saucer separate and MVAE separate while in motion. I wonder what happened to that also?
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Career Officer
# 7
04-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Every so often we get another sound byte that indicates they are closer to having it all ready. While it really has been going on for some time, this recent bug with the separation ships gives me hope they are actually really doing something with it, and some less-than-ready portion of it slipped on to live...

I can dream, can't I?
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard