Career Officer
# 1 I like more PvP map... Types
04-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Hi there...

I don't come here often... TBH I belive this is one of my first few visits since the new forums launched... And there is a very good reason for this:

While some people enjoy random killings, and blowing up stuff, I like to work towards a goal.

Sure, to some degree, PvP supplies that, either through the Cap'n'Hold maps, or some fantasized "top score" after a gore... I mean Team Death match, theres not really much achivement to work for in the PvP as it is today.

I know, what I am about to write is very unlikely to ever come true, but you know, nothing changes if you don't at least spark a few ideas here and there...

So here it goes, here are my requests for new map-types:
  • Salvage operation
    • In salvage operation, each team starts out on opersite sides of the map.
    • Each side has a heavily fortified area. I will be referring to this as "Goal".
    • All players get a special map Tractorbeam (Device) with a 30 second duration, and 1 min cooldown.
    • In the middle is a desserted Tholian ship I will be referring to this as "Ball".
    1. The objective is to fly to the center and grab the ball with the "Device" and then return it to the goal.
    2. Once you have the ball, your speed is reduced by 50% and it is now up to your team to heal, protect and defend you for the 30 seconds you have the ball.
    3. The only way you can loose the ball, is if you are destroyed, or the device has run out of power.
    4. Once you run out of power, or is destroyed, all players can grab the ball.
    5. Whoever gets the ball into the goal first, wins the match.

Capture the flag
  • Each team has a starting point.
  • Each starting point has a "Flag".
  • Now it is up to each team to grab the other teams flag, and return it to their own starting point.
  • If the enemy grabs your flag, you need to kill the flag-thief and then return the flag to your own home.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Lieutenant
# 2 Not really seeing it
04-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Sounds a lot like soccer.

Maybe they'd do something like this.

Also, you lose credibility when you use loose instead of lose.

Loose means the opposite of tight or contained.

Lose means to suffer a loss.
Captain
# 3
04-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Very cool idea mate - like this alot!
Career Officer
# 4
04-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Out of all the grammatical errors in this thread you choose that one? Why that one? Was it the only one you noticed or is it just the most offensive to you as a reader? And then to correct it poorly.

The troll is strong in you!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Career Officer
# 5
04-09-2013, 11:07 AM
I forgot how bitchy PvP players are... That is another reason why I don't come here...

Know what... Forget it... I am d*sgusted that I even thought about trying to support this part of the community.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Empire Veteran
# 6
04-09-2013, 11:34 AM
this is the first time ive seen a grammar nazi here actually
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 7
04-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
This is the first time ive seen a grammar nazi here actually.
*Fixed

(did it for the lulz, I aint no gramma nasi!!1!1one)