Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Guest Blog: Skill Planning
04-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Attilio, a veteran member of the community and Site Manager of STOAcademy.com, has written a Guest Blog about skill planning.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lieutenant
# 2
04-10-2013, 12:26 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 04-10-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Captain
# 3
04-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Nice blog, very useful, especially to any newer players.

But where are the LoR blogs? There hasn't been one all week so far.
Captain
# 4
04-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Yes, more LoR blogs please.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Don't be rude guys the expansion isn't out for over a month, plenty of time for more blogs.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
Captain
# 6
04-10-2013, 12:46 PM
It's a great site. The skill planner has come a long way - it's an awesome tool. The speed at which he keeps it up to date - adds features - yes, definitely something to be commended.

9 in Driver Coils though?

/picard

That's 9k SP that can be better spent...anywhere...on any build. Outside of somebody that's leveling, is poor, and hates travel times - something that they'll regret later when they respec out of it...or...outside of somebody that's a Tour ***** - it's probably the worst skill on the list. It definitely needs some love to be competitive in the least with any skill on their - space or any ground career...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Career Officer
# 7
04-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Atillo's planner's is one of the top player driven resources available to any STO player.

A completely invaluable tool.

Also, it should be accompanied by this page which is also an invaluable resource (and also regularly updated).

Well done Atillo, please keep up the good work. If you ever decide to leap into PvP, please do not put skill ranks in Driver Coils.

Lt. Commander
# 8
04-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
It's a great site. The skill planner has come a long way - it's an awesome tool. The speed at which he keeps it up to date - adds features - yes, definitely something to be commended.

9 in Driver Coils though?

/picard

That's 9k SP that can be better spent...anywhere...on any build. Outside of somebody that's leveling, is poor, and hates travel times - something that they'll regret later when they respec out of it...or...outside of somebody that's a Tour ***** - it's probably the worst skill on the list. It definitely needs some love to be competitive in the least with any skill on their - space or any ground career...
He has written that is his personal chose.
Career Officer
# 9
04-10-2013, 05:41 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 04-10-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Career Officer
# 10 Guest Blog: Skill Planner
04-10-2013, 06:19 PM
I tried to post on the blog but perhaps i was too long winded. Ill put it here instead. Basically im very thankful to players like Attilio, Hilbert, SpiderMitch, etc... that put such time and effort into the little extras that add to the game as a whole and also to the game people for recognizing their contributions.

This is one of the most useful and pleasing blogs I have read. There are several excellent contributions to the game from talented, dedicated players but Attilio?s are second to none. His web presence keeps growing in both quantity and quality and helps countless players enjoy STO by simplifying the complex and elucidating the obscure. The skill planer is unparallel and has almost become a part of the game. I am very grateful for the hard work you have put in to this and it is an extremely positive reflection on cryptic that they have highlighted your accomplishment, kudos to you both. Portia popped into my mind as I read the guest blog grateful to the powers that be that they commissioned it. Thrice blest is more applicable in this case as the player community itself benefits most when the game developers put the spot light on such invaluable tools as the skill planner.
Portia: The quality of mercy is not strain'd, It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest: It blesseth him that gives and him that takes. The Merchant Of Venice Act, scene 1, 180?187