Lt. Commander
Hello everybody ,

well i bought the game from the Steam and i finished download the Beta.

now when im launch the game its opening a small window "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate"

well in this window its says : "Trying To update the launcher , Please be patient , Tried connecting 1 time"

well im waiting and wating nother happens for long time.

i got some picture that you can see :

http://www.siz.co.il/my.php?i=hwtmygm0rg1m.bmp

i would like some help , please im dieing to play this game.

thanks and sorry for my bad einglish ,

Smhaot
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2010, 06:02 AM
i got the same problem, stuck at this launcher autoupdate. "Trying to update the launcher, Please be Patient"
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2010, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pem_Pembo
i got the same problem, stuck at this launcher autoupdate. "Trying to update the launcher, Please be Patient"
im so angry i pre-order the game and i cant play the beta!

please someone help us ^^.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-14-2010, 09:33 AM
All my friend got the same problems but i can play please fix it i want to play with my friends and not alone!!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Got the same problem.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-14-2010, 09:52 AM
I've had this for 2 days now... over 100 tries to connect, tried reinstalling, running as admin, nothing helps...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 02:57 PM
I pre-ordered the game, and it was delivered on Feb. 4th. I never played in the Beta, or anything, and now that I've installed the game, created an account, did the subscription, etc., I tried running the game, and this little box shows up that says "Cryptic Autolauncher Update." It says it is attempting to update the launcher, to please be patient, but it never does anything but fail over and over again.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Same here, dished out 90 dollars, can't play (updating launcher, please be patiant)
Lt. Commander
# 9 My "patience" is thin
02-07-2010, 10:35 PM
I have the same Uploader updating window for the last three days. It's not my router because I disconnected it and went to a straight internet connection to the PC. I left it running all night and the last time I checked it told me it had retried connecting over 130 times! I use AT&T DSL and have zero problems with any other MMO's or online play with my Xbox 360. I've downloaded the game from the torrent file on this forum and reinstalled it...nothing. I reinstalled using the disk that came with the game purchase and still nothing. I run the executable "as an adminstrator." My machine is above and beyond the minimum game requirements.
I'm at my wits end. I just want to play this game and I can't!!!! Worse yet is the lack of any real workarounds from the Cryptic team. All I've read is that the problem is on my end (or my ISP), when it's clearly not. I'm sure several thousand people are having the exact same issue, just not necessarily posting about it. Please Cryptic, just offer some step by step solutions to this before we all go insane. I don't want to cancel my subsciption but if I can't play soon, then I'll have no choice. Please..........help.......

PS I checked with my ISP and they stated that they do not block any ports with the exception of port 25 (a mail client port).
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Someone sent me their launcher.exe file and my copy finally works now.. I have no idea why Cryptic won't just post the updated launcher file on their website with all the issues we have with network settings trying to update the launcher...
Closed Thread