Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Ensign
# 1 Crystal Shard cooldown?
04-11-2013, 03:07 PM
I could be blind but I don't see it answered anywhere, how am I to know when I'm eligible to get my next crystal shard? The event has a 30 min cooldown, but I don't see a timer anywhere showing me when I'm eligible to get another shard. Does such a thing exist? Is it a 20 hour cooldown, or is it once per calendar day? If someone can please point me to where that information exists I'd appreciate it. If it doesn't exist, can a dev please clarify (if one is on)?
Career Officer
# 2
04-11-2013, 03:11 PM
I recall a Dev post has mentioned a 20 hour cooldown. So just remember you can do it again 4 hours earlier than you did the day before.

I'll take a look through the dev tracker and see if I can link it.
Ensign
# 3
04-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denizenvi View Post
The Dev Blogs have mentioned a 20 hour cooldown. So just remember you can do it again 4 hours earlier than you did the day before.
Not that I don't believe you, but where is this information posted? It's not in the patch notes or the 'event details' link in the patch notes which linked to the dev blog about it.
Career Officer
# 4
04-11-2013, 03:19 PM
I was just going to update my post with the link (that's why I mentioned I'd be looking in a separate line). But here it is:

Redshirt Patch Notes

Quote:
Updated the mouseover text for the shard inputs on the event reputation to note that you can gain 1 shard per 20 hours.
Presumably this update is coming to the live server soon, so it will be clearer. But it sounds like the functionality was already there, the tooltip just was added to the test server recently.
Ensign
# 5
04-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Great, thanks. I would never have looked at redshirt patch notes.
Captain
# 6
04-11-2013, 03:31 PM
It's great ONCE a day for shards

Which sucks as tbh you have to play for 14 day or you get NO rewards for the shards otherwise

So people make sure you do the 14 days or your remaining shards will be worthless
Captain
# 7 Timer on the CE?
04-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Normally events or missions with a 20-hour cooldown, like the old IORs, the Q-Event, Tau Dewa patrol ect... had the remaining cooldown displayed after turning in in the related quest. The CE event doesn't have something like that. So...

Is there any way we can see ingame how much cooldown is left on that timer?

Last edited by fraghul2000; 04-11-2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: rephrased my question as part of it was answered in this thread
Commander
# 8 Crystalline Entity
04-12-2013, 01:28 AM
I done this event yesterday for a shard, done it again just now and no shard. What the hell.

If there is a custom timer for this shard thing how about letting us see it.
Commander
# 9
04-12-2013, 03:19 AM
It's a 20 hour cooldown for the shards, so 4 hours early from the time you did it yesterday is when you'll get another shard when finishing it.
Career Officer
I ran the CE last night, got my shard.
I just ran it now and didn't. So I'm guessing there's some 20 or 24hr cooldown for it? It's bad enough I'm going to be stuck running it late in the evening because that's when I first did it (or miss a 'day' to do it earlier), but can we get a counter somewhere so I KNOW when it's ready?

Not everyone can do a 'daily' event every day at the same time. I wish the daily cooldowns were reset at a specific time of day to allow players more flexibility on getting these things.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Last edited by dracounguis; 04-12-2013 at 03:36 PM.