Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
I've heard that electroplating is the best to use against the borg,is there a good hull plating/alloy and weapon to use against the crystal entity?
Captain
# 2
04-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Well Tholians deal tetryon, so Electroceramic is a good choice. I'm not sure what the CE's attack does.. maybe Antiproton?
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Empire Veteran
# 3
04-16-2013, 12:52 PM
If in doubt, stack neutronium.

I've heard of people getting antiproton damage accolades when fighting the CE and as said above the Tholians deal tetryon.

Then there's the Mirror Federation which deal phaser.

Then add in the various torpedoes in play from the Tholians and the odd Mirror Fed ship, the latter don't show often but I have seen them in there.

In my opinion, use 2 neutronium if you can or at the least a tetraburnium and an ablative which will offer some phaser, some anitproton and moderate tetryon resistance but no kinetic resistance.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
04-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Antiproton, I think.

As for weapons, phaser, polaron, and tetryon procs are nonfunctional against the entity itself (but still work against the Tholians). Plasma procs can linger into absorption phases and help ramp up the shockwave, though not that much, and the shockwave can work to your favor since it hits the Tholians, too. It has crazy high resistance to all energy damage, and slightly lower (though still really high) resistance to kinetic.
Career Officer
# 5
04-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Tetryon and antiproton... Logs don't lie

.. well... sometimes they do, but not this time.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Would it be better to use a ship with a hangar ? I have the Atrox,Recluse and Jem'hadar Dreadnought.
Captain
# 7
04-17-2013, 02:11 AM
Weapons: Kinetic-dmg and Disruptor

Defense: Monotanium. Why? The Tetryon, Phaser and Antiproton-Damage is negligible, the only thing that could hurt you is the shockwave -thats antiproton dmg- but you can evade it pretty easily, so the only thing capable of inflicting huge amounts of damage are the large fragments, which ram you, so thats kinetic damage.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Captain
# 8
04-17-2013, 03:12 AM
A thing I am wondering about is how are destructables like heavy plasmas, tricobaits and the breen cluster performing? It looks to me they get destructed and never reach the target, the CE. Anyhow, I have stopped using those.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
04-17-2013, 06:52 AM
They can help clear out fragments, which isn't a total waste. But, yeah, only time you'll have a likely clear shot is during the absorb phase, when they'll do no damage and only serve to crank up the shockwave.
Captain
# 10
04-17-2013, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel View Post
A thing I am wondering about is how are destructables like heavy plasmas, tricobaits and the breen cluster performing? It looks to me they get destructed and never reach the target, the CE. Anyhow, I have stopped using those.
1) the CE does not have shields
2) the CE does not "absorb" kinetic damage

If you can rapid-fire torps you'll do well