Captain
Yes that's right, starting next year with episode 7, Disney will have a new star wars film every year that follows.

read more here:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/cinem....php?id=103129

Now I really hope this works out in the best way, but hey it's Disney, it's Star Wars, and it should be a fun ride right? after all how many flops has Disney made over the years?
Captain
# 2
04-18-2013, 06:27 AM
Considering Disney, through the Marvel labal, has done something similar over the last few years with all the various folks involved under the Avengers franchise, I don't necessarily see it as being quite so ridiculous.

There's a lot of stories to be told in the SW 'verse. They don't all need to focus on the same group of folks every single time.
Captain
# 3
04-18-2013, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Considering Disney, through the Marvel labal, has done something similar over the last few years with all the various folks involved under the Avengers franchise, I don't necessarily see it as being quite so ridiculous.

There's a lot of stories to be told in the SW 'verse. They don't all need to focus on the same group of folks every single time.
My concern is that Movies of this caliber require more then just a years work. The Marvel/Avengers movies are about 2-3 years to make, assuming you start from pre-production up to release.

Not sure even Disney has the resources to crank out a quality sci-fi movie once every year.
Empire Veteran
# 4
04-18-2013, 06:40 AM
Time for bad quality..
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 5
04-18-2013, 06:53 AM
I'll give them two chances before I pass judgment. But I love the franchise so I', a little spooked.

If they would just adapt the books (Timothy Zahn trilogy or even the X-Wing series) into movies then they could win big.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Career Officer
# 6
04-18-2013, 07:19 AM
If the adapt some of the better EU books it'd be great. It would suck if they completely invalidate the EU stuff though. ("Oh, Luke dies right after because *EXPLOSIONS*")

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk