Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Cryptic Studios Team
This thread will cover the episodes "An Inside Job" through "Temporal Ambassador". Please leave all bugs, feedback, comments, and concerns here.

This content is only available to players in the Legacy of Romulus Closed beta.

Last edited by salamiinferno; 04-18-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
04-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Jumped in game to test. Made my romulan char and the nice cutscene started playing. However the text was fading to fast. There wasn't a single sentence I could finish reading. I was on the middle of it and then it faded to show the next. It would be nice if they staued on the screen longer. Specially for those who are not native english speakers (like me).
========================================
Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm
Click here for a compilation of usefull tools and tutorials
Career Officer
# 3
04-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Agree, text is too fast. I figure a voiceover will be there as well so I'm guessing the scene will be slowed down to match the voice.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 4
04-18-2013, 04:53 PM
The proper thread for the tutorial and the rest of the first arc is located here.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=1#post9293281

Thanks!
Career Officer
# 5
04-18-2013, 05:01 PM
i got in the game, the text for the beginning was very fast, and the ship shudders and turns randomly every time i turn/ accelerate/ decelerate/ fire weapons.
Commander
# 6
04-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Mind Games is probably the single best episode of the current Romulan lot available on Tribble, but:

(acknowledging that some of these were intentional)

The set-up for the episode didn't click perfectly for me. I liked the way it segued in from the previous episode but then I got this thing about "this is a solo mission and you can start it at any time by coming to the system" and it just... didn't work, somehow.

I understand that people have to be able to jump in and out to meet other commitments, but it broke the flow somehow.

In the same vein, immediately thereafter, I just walk onto Hakeev's bridge and get captured? That doesn't seem very smart.

I love the whole theme of the episode but I also feel like in some ways, it gets cut off really before it gets started. One of the most interesting things I liked about it was how the colors for the options differed, but I would have liked to have seen this done more subtly, in some places, but with a greater ramp-up effect; right now it just seems muddled unless you're paying really close attention.

Is there any effect to resisting as long as possible? There seemed to be no payoff for not just jumping straight to "bad"; I would have liked to see some visible payoff- even if it's just a minor thing, like say one of of the animals escaping from the weapons testing lab.

(On the other hand, I can understand why this might actually not be thematically appropriate at all.)

The whole "become unindoctrinated" thing didn't work well for me. It just... was too sudden and too thematically inappropriate, in my mind. I kind of understand why it was necessary, but after all that build-up, it just poofed in a very disappointing way.

I loved the "distract the guards, distract the scientists", but some of the effects seemed a little minor. Why are the guards upset about a fire in what looks like a metal pot? It's not exactly going to burn down the ship. Perhaps the magnitude on this should be ramped up slightly. In a similar vein, I did the thing with the pseudo-Borg drone and... well, nothing appeared to happen, at least that I noticed. Even the Borg walker thing ran around in circles. Perhaps he should do something more exciting.

All that said, though, I loved the episode. The theme was classically Romulan and gave me flashbacks to The Minds Eye. Even the corridor heights/sizing were more reasonable than before (although the Romulan Transporter Room is enormous and ridiculous).
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
04-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwilhelm View Post
Jumped in game to test. Made my romulan char and the nice cutscene started playing. However the text was fading to fast. There wasn't a single sentence I could finish reading. I was on the middle of it and then it faded to show the next. It would be nice if they staued on the screen longer. Specially for those who are not native english speakers (like me).
I am native and it was to fast for me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-19-2013, 03:34 PM
An Inside Job / Unroth System / Security Subcommander's Office ... Subcommander Rhen repeats himself ... "I had extra guards placed around his cell for the duration of his stay." x2
Empire Veteran
# 9
04-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Mind games does not complete for me, it just throws me after leaving the ship back to the start.
Why can't i stay evil? Maybe i do want to work for Empress Sela?
Also it seems to have zero effect on the outcome if you resist as long as possible or just go evil from the start. Our choice should have an impact on the story and not just on how much time we need to finish the episode. Because right now, it is irrelevant what we chose, because the outcome is 100% identical.
Love that we keep the uniform. Finally dressing properly

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Empire Veteran
# 10
04-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Mind games does not complete for me, it just throws me after leaving the ship back to the start.
I get the same thing. I think it only happens to Romulans that align with the KDF.