Career Officer
# 1 PLEASE put packs on C-Store
04-19-2013, 12:07 PM
I really would like to buy the Legacy pack. I have more than enough in Zen.

P-p-p-pleeeeeeeeeeeease!

I just personally can't justify $130 right now when I'm saving up to buy equipment for my business. Right now if it's not edible or a tax-write off I can't spend the money on it.

Thanks
Career Officer
# 2
04-19-2013, 01:01 PM
The point of the packs is to bring in some cold hard cash for Cryptic, there's too many ways to earn Zen without paying a dime.

Joined August 2009
Community Moderator
# 3
04-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Assuming I'm reading right, the ships will at least be in the c-store for purchase.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 4
04-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magusofborg View Post
The point of the packs is to bring in some cold hard cash for Cryptic, there's too many ways to earn Zen without paying a dime.
True, but it also means that people who bought Zen during the last sale, stockpiling ahead in anticipation, are punished for planning ahead.
Rihannsu
# 5
04-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
True, but it also means that people who bought Zen during the last sale, stockpiling ahead in anticipation, are punished for planning ahead.
No they are NOT being punished. They will have the Zen to buy the Romulan ships from the C-Store when the expansion goes live and they can even wait on a future ship sale to purchase the ships they want at a discount.

And if you want to go just one step a tad bit further, the items listed in this pack are not currently added INTO the live game so they can NOT be listed in the C-store until the expansion is live.

Last edited by pyryck; 04-19-2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: added LIVE to game
Captain
# 6
04-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Since all Zen in game was purchased with real money and the only way to trade it is through the "Dilithium exchange" (which Cryptic does not seed) the only thing in your statement that seems true is that Cryptic is trying to bleed a dead horse before killing it.
Career Officer
# 7
04-19-2013, 02:50 PM
I actually think it's quite smart for Cryptic to sell these packs as they are. Everything (well, nearly everything) that's being sold will be available at a non-discounted price at LoR launch anyway, so anyone who has stockpiled Zen in anticipation will be able to buy what they want with the release.

The advantage to the packs is that a) You're getting a discount, and b) You're getting a couple of titles (and some master keys) out of it. Nobody is really losing out. I would think though that eventually, these packs will find their way to the zen store, though I'd expect them to work out somewhat more expensive.
Career Officer
# 8
04-20-2013, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectfrontier View Post
Since all Zen in game was purchased with real money
Um, no. You can earn dilithium in game, then trade dilithium for zen.

So please, do your research before making a post next time ok?
The new reply button is not a toy

Joined August 2009

Last edited by magusofborg; 04-20-2013 at 02:39 AM.
Captain
# 9
04-20-2013, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Um, no. You can earn dilithium in game, then trade dilithium for zen.

So please, do your research before making a post next time ok?
The new reply button is not a toy
And just where do you think that 'zen' you traded your dilithium came from? O that's right, someone paid cold hard cash for it at some point.
Career Officer
# 10
04-20-2013, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
And just where do you think that 'zen' you traded your dilithium came from? O that's right, someone paid cold hard cash for it at some point.
Not necessarily, zen can also be acquired through "free offers" or monthly stipends

Joined August 2009

Last edited by magusofborg; 04-20-2013 at 03:15 AM.