Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 799
During the Derelict mission aboard the borg cube, it would be a good opportunity to introduce the player to the use of the Remodulator. It is a disconnect that these earlier borgs do not adapt versus borgs introduced later in the game.

Keep gameplay consistent throughout the game, makes it easier for everyone involved, especially new(bie) players.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,848
# 2
04-20-2013, 02:40 PM
Why it's not going to matter never has never will.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 148
# 3
04-20-2013, 03:01 PM
The moment I boarded a Borg cube, I opened my inventory, threw remodulators onto my boffs and myself, and then... nothing. No need for them. Was surprised, to say the least, but if these Borg are the same as the Khitomer Crisis-style Borg, then it makes sense to not need to remodulate.
Fleet Leader of the first completed T5 Shipyard on Holodeck (January 24, 2013)
Part of the first team to beat the No Win Scenario (both KDF and Fed)
It's been a long road, getting from there to here~
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 663
# 4
04-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
During the Derelict mission aboard the borg cube, it would be a good opportunity to introduce the player to the use of the Remodulator. It is a disconnect that these earlier borgs do not adapt versus borgs introduced later in the game.

Keep gameplay consistent throughout the game, makes it easier for everyone involved, especially new(bie) players.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilonia View Post
The moment I boarded a Borg cube, I opened my inventory, threw remodulators onto my boffs and myself, and then... nothing. No need for them. Was surprised, to say the least, but if these Borg are the same as the Khitomer Crisis-style Borg, then it makes sense to not need to remodulate.
I did the same thing. Not needing to remodulate was a disconnect.
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,085
# 5
04-20-2013, 03:11 PM
I go the impression that they were implying that the centre of the Borg cube being "cut out" was the reason for the lack of Borg adaptation. However, from the shows this wouldn't have be the case, as the shields are an inherent part of the individual Borg drones even when they're not connected to the Collective, as seen on Voyager.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook

Last edited by amosov78; 04-20-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 914
# 6
04-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
I go the impression that they were implying that the centre of the Borg cube being "cut out" was the reason for the lack of Borg adaptation. However, from the shows this wouldn't have be the case, as the shields are an inherent part of the individual Borg drones even when they're not connected to the Collective, as seen on Voyager.
You know I never really got that, why did they disconnect Seven's shield, wouldn't it have been better to keep it operational? I mean yeah okay I get how if she could never get hurt by enemy small arms fire it would loose some of the drama but still....
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,085
# 7
04-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
You know I never really got that, why did they disconnect Seven's shield, wouldn't it have been better to keep it operational? I mean yeah okay I get how if she could never get hurt by enemy small arms fire it would loose some of the drama but still....
I'd imagine they're a part of a number of implants that they needed to put in a dormant state, when they made Seven more human again. It's also possible that there were other, "undesirable" effects, in the Borg defensive subroutines within those implants that could not be suppressed, or isolated, if they were left activated, like going off and trying to rejoin the Collective for example.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,628
# 8
04-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
However, from the shows this wouldn't have be the case, as the shields are an inherent part of the individual Borg drones even when they're not connected to the Collective, as seen on Voyager.
Why it would not be the case?

Voyager is full of bull**** and you dont want to bring that up or I will bring up Borg ships had no shields and how Transphasic Torpedoes should be oneshooting then because that was on Voyager right?

Adaptation comes from the Collective analyzing the frequency and adapting the personal shields to block it but a Drone is NOT the Collective, the Vinculum was gone meaning they just working on auto pilot anyway and so lack the ability to adapt.
Former Star Trek Online Player
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,085
# 9
04-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Why it would not be the case?

Voyager is full of bull**** and you dont want to bring that up or I will bring up Borg ships had no shields and how Transphasic Torpedoes should be oneshooting then because that was on Voyager right?

Adaptation comes from the Collective analyzing the frequency and adapting the personal shields to block it but a Drone is NOT the Collective, the Vinculum was gone meaning they just working on auto pilot anyway and so lack the ability to adapt.
Seven's Borg shields activated and adapted to phaser fire without her being connected to the Collective, as seen in the episode "The Raven". Also, if Voyager is such bullsh*t as you say, why do you mention the Vinculum? That device was something purely made up by that show.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,628
# 10
04-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
Also, if Voyager is such bullsh*t as you say, why do you mention the Vinculum? That device was something purely made up by that show.
Named by the show, there would have to be something to coordinate the thousands of Drones aboard a ship.

Regardless the Borg adapt to frequencies, only way they do it is when they are shoot at enough times and shooting then once kill them, the information of the drone is shared to the Collective that in terms adapts the Drones shields.

Its not magic, they cannot just adapt to something they never encounter before and only after experienced they can.

What you propose is each Drone is independent, they arent and neither is their technology ... its called Borg COLLECTIVE for a reason
Former Star Trek Online Player
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:36 PM.