Commander
# 1 Disbanding ships
04-21-2013, 06:07 PM
I have a question: when you disband a ship to free up a slot, do you get anything back? Ie, any EC or dilithium?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-22-2013, 12:08 AM
nope, nothing
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
04-22-2013, 07:06 AM
A while back, like WAY before F2P, you got something back. Now, you do not get anything. Once a ship is dismissed, it cannot be reclaimed without buying it again (with the exception of the C-Store ships).

Example, you want to dismiss your Connie Refit. If you do, then the only way to get it back is to spend the dilithium to buy it back.

If you dismiss your C-Store Exeter, you can reclaim it again from the C-Store for free.

If you dismiss a Fleet ship, you must purchase the ship again with the same amount of fleet modules you used previously.

Hope this helps.
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]
Career Officer
# 4
04-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Ships used to cost EC. And everyone had a huge pile of EC so you could dismiss a ship (get no 'refund') and if you wanted it back you bought it back. I want to say that T5 ships were only 126k EC. I guess Cryptic didn't sell alot of extra ship slots, so they had to make them cost waaaaay more.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Captain
# 5
04-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmiracle View Post
A while back, like WAY before F2P, you got something back.
I think you're misremembering - there was never a time you got anything, even before F2P.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Career Officer
# 6
04-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
I think you're misremembering - there was never a time you got anything, even before F2P.
... not even in beta ...

Wishful thinking, I believe.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 7
04-25-2013, 05:44 AM
It would be nice if you could at least mothball non-retrievable ships. I haven't used my Jem'Hadar ships or Breen cruiser since about a week after I got them, but I can't discharge them because there's no way to get them back (yeah, I could save EC for weeks again to get the Jem ones back, but that's a lot of trouble).

Porthos is not amused.