Commander
i see a lvl 50 romulan toon on a deridex, how is that possible ?

we can lvl over 20, but the mission to promote stops. so how?
Commander
# 2
04-21-2013, 06:36 PM
It's a lifetime subscriber who used a VA token to purchase the ship. He explained it to us in OPvP chat today.
Commander
# 3
04-21-2013, 06:38 PM
that could explain his ship (named envy, cough showoff)
but what about the promotion mission? that was bugged or just ends
Captain
# 4
04-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfaustx View Post
that could explain his ship (named envy, cough showoff)
but what about the promotion mission? that was bugged or just ends
Promotion missions are more a formality then anything. Other then a free token up to level 40, they serve no purpose. And the VA token is a veteran reward, so it is not tied to the promotions.

That said, as far as the Romulans go. You can level up as much as you want, it is just the stories stop after Temporal Ambassador, So you have to do it via Explorations/Doffs and the like. but once you get to level 50, assuming you have subscribed to STO for 600 days, you can use the VA token to get a T5 ship, even some of the c-store ships, though you don't get the Fleet module discounts for fleets, and if you accidentally dismiss it, you are SOL. Unlike if you actual bought it in the C-store. Where you can reclaim it. Works the same for a Starfleet or KDF character.
Commander
# 5
04-21-2013, 06:49 PM
here i am not lvling cause i tought there was no point , gona try for 30 then see what happens..

jolan tru !

Last edited by silverfaustx; 04-21-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Captain
# 6
04-21-2013, 08:07 PM
You can't test the paid ships either because the currently have no prices on Tribble, so you can't buy them at all.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
04-21-2013, 06:48 PM
they have a promotion lock...so you cant test the free ships...unless you have test zen (how that works i STILL dont know) or are an LTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Empire Veteran
# 8
04-23-2013, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassguitar View Post
It's a lifetime subscriber who used a VA token to purchase the ship. He explained it to us in OPvP chat today.
And since when can you use a VA ship at level 20? I think you have to ask that guy for a more plausible explanation.
Captain
# 9
04-23-2013, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealfluffy View Post
And since when can you use a VA ship at level 20? I think you have to ask that guy for a more plausible explanation.
It -is- plausible. The thing is, he leveled to 50 using a combination of exploration, PvP, group PvE, and doffs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.