Lt. Commander
As I'm sure many of you know STO has lots of problems.

It doesn't work right with NVidia cards still.

The lag is unbearable in what is actually a closed beta (Can't call this open)

And plenty of other problems that haven't been addressed.

Cryptic has a history of this. Of never managing to have something finished on the deadline. The only time they ever managed it was back when NCsoft was breathing down their necks. Without that they've gotten sloppy.
Champions Beta, everyone in it was saying "don't release it don't release it now push back the release!" yet Cryptic didn't listen and still made huge changes the day before release. Lets not forget the horrific lag issues as well.

Now we know Jack has had minimal involvement. This can only be a good thing but the community needs assurance. You can't say "Well we're too busy working on it to say anything". No. Cryptic does not have that right. Your history is of ignoring the community and your customers and in some cases outright deriding and insulting them.

You have to say that you are aware of the community's grievances. You have to at least give a vague idea of what you're doing about them. Being silent just suggests that you're ignoring people again.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2010, 09:11 AM
when's the deadline?

and which release notes were you reading when they listed all the problems they are working on?

thanks! :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Uhhh the release deadline. Which is what the 26th? 11 days. Not ready for it are they.

It was the same with Champions, well no Champions was worse. A lot worse.

Not seen anything mentioned about the lag in any release notes. Which is lets face it a major issue. If they can't handle the numbers they have now without a large number of people not being able to connect then just imagine how it will be when they actually release.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2010, 12:43 PM
this game is far from ready for release...........they got 11 days to sort all the problems out , (i dont think so )

if they do release it on the 26th...omg they will ruin what could potentially be a massive hit for them .
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Champions had the same thing.

Its a shame because we know Cryptic can do good work. Just look at CoX. Bloody brilliant game (even if its only gotten better since they sold it...but whatever)

I think its the Jack factor. His inverse-Midas touch.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gash-jackel View Post
Uhhh the release deadline. Which is what the 26th? 11 days. Not ready for it are they.
Actually the release date is Feb 2nd. But I guess we should give you a cookie for atleast getting one of the numbers correct.

Secondly, I take it you have never been in a Beta Test before, or even seen a game launch before.

Most open betas are pretty much like this, so your 'shock' at how it is, suggests '1st timer' all over it.

Secondly, many games launch with issues - WoW, EQ2, Vanguard, WAR, ***, etc. Heck Vangard was unplayable for many people due to program issues.

My recomendation to you, is that you should avoid betas, and releases. Don't consider a game, until it has been about 3 months after launch. You will be much happier.

Lt. Commander
# 7
01-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
Actually the release date is Feb 2nd. But I guess we should give you a cookie for atleast getting one of the numbers correct.

Secondly, I take it you have never been in a Beta Test before, or even seen a game launch before.

Most open betas are pretty much like this, so your 'shock' at how it is, suggests '1st timer' all over it.

Secondly, many games launch with issues - WoW, EQ2, Vanguard, WAR, ***, etc. Heck Vangard was unplayable for many people due to program issues.

My recomendation to you, is that you should avoid betas, and releases. Don't consider a game, until it has been about 3 months after launch. You will be much happier.

“Crickets”
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post

I've been in betas before. Most open betas are not this bad.

Serious connection issues and graphics driver issues are not the sort of problems you should be having at this stage.

If those are the betas you were in then I'm not surprised you think they're all going to be bad. You've never seen a good or even adequate one.

Besides this isn't even an open beta.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gash-jackel View Post
I've been in betas before. Most open betas are not this bad.

Serious connection issues and graphics driver issues are not the sort of problems you should be having at this stage.

If those are the betas you were in then I'm not surprised you think they're all going to be bad. You've never seen a good or even adequate one.

Besides this isn't even an open beta.
Funny...it seems to be called an Open Beta...

Anyway, yes connection issues and graphics driver issues ARE the sorts of problems we want worked out now...rather than the usual way with some companies - resolving them the first week of release!

I'd love to hear specific which OB were not this bad? I don't think I have ever played one that went really well - which is the point.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-15-2010, 04:25 PM
It seems Cryptic needs to push this game back for another 6-9 months.