Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 105
# 1 Mind Game
04-24-2013, 03:02 PM
The mission Mind Game has a variety of Good/Bad choices throughout... do they have any effect or are they just cosmetic?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,690
# 2
04-24-2013, 03:06 PM
No discernible effect except on how you want to play your character. It also raises interesting moral questions if green is really always good.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 810
# 3
04-24-2013, 03:42 PM
the only effect outside of a RP effect we know so far is that green choices make the mission last longer since you end up doing what the red choice wants you to do anyway.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,587
# 4
04-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
No discernible effect except on how you want to play your character. It also raises interesting moral questions if green is really always good.
Good point. Hence why it is called 'Mind Game' in the first place.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 145
# 5
04-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler002 View Post
The mission Mind Game has a variety of Good/Bad choices throughout... do they have any effect or are they just cosmetic?
GOOD options are in RED. BAD options are in GREEN. Killing terrorists and traitors is GOOD, trying to help them is BAD. Why are so many people confused by this mission? Don't you have a "moral compass"? What is wrong with you people???
Join Date: August 2009
I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 434
# 6
04-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiat007 View Post
GOOD options are in RED. BAD options are in GREEN. Killing terrorists and traitors is GOOD, trying to help them is BAD. Why are so many people confused by this mission? Don't you have a "moral compass"? What is wrong with you people???
Wow, don't know if troll, or just incredibly abrasive.

Besides, in the context of the mission, you don't even know if the people you are experimenting on are part of the Romulan Republic or not. They're just "people the Tal Shiar kidnapped". And even in TV Trek history, the Tal Shiar showed a willingness to kidnap and torture even law abiding citizens of the Empire if it suited their whims.
You could be man-handling anyone from someone slumming it on a far away farming colony, or a middle-class citizen of Rator III.

Anyways, in the context of this mission, Good Choices are most definitely coded to Green, while Bad Choices are likewise associated with Red.

It'd be neat if we got a Perk or a Title or even a new Passive depending on whatever combination or tally of choices we made during that part of the mission.
Formerly GT-01. Runnin' a small lite-RP casual fleet called "The Voyagers"! Message me in-game at either Salen@GT01 or Xavok@GT01 if yer interested.
Here's my neat Idea's Thread.

Last edited by sorceror01; 04-24-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 347
# 7
04-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
Wow, don't know if troll, or just incredibly abrasive.
Please don't mind him. Kwiat007 is Tal Shiar operative who is infiltrating the Romulan Republic. He just gets out of character once in a while. Which makes one wonder why D'Tan hasn't captured him yet.

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1 Playtester

Last edited by malakhglitch; 04-24-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 145
# 8
04-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malakhglitch View Post
Please don't mind him. Kwiat007 is Tal Shiar operative who is infiltrating the Romulan Republic. He just gets out of character once in a while. Which makes one wonder why D'Tan hasn't captured him yet.
I'm trying to steer some of you back to the right path. Why can't you see that D'Tn is the doom of Romulan people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
Neither, he is just a loyal member of the TRUE Romulan Star Empire.....not those traitors following that Vulcan lover D'Tan.
Long live the Romulan Empire!!!
Join Date: August 2009
I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 43
# 9
06-07-2013, 02:30 PM
They should either make the choices have meaning or just remove them, cause choices that mean nothing at all is pointless to have in a video game.

So REMOVE THEM or MAKE THEM MATTER.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 137
# 10
04-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
It'd be neat if we got a Perk or a Title or even a new Passive depending on whatever combination or tally of choices we made during that part of the mission.
I agree! I think this should totally be considered

On another note, I also liked the fact that you could choose a way to approach Hakeev when back in space and that choice either gave you a Defence or Offence bonus
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:47 AM.