Career Officer
and it occurs to me that the NX-01 should not be in the game if this is the prime timeline.

In First Contact, the E goes back in time, defeat the Borg, and come back. No Borg in the past in the Prime timeline. in Enterprise, they discover Borg in the Arctic. Ergo, Enterprise must be the alternate timeline, the one the E left to return to the Prime future.
No to T5 Constitution No to T5 Miranda No to Arc Yes to a Federation Frigate Pet
Empire Veteran
# 2
04-24-2013, 07:42 PM
It's also said on Memory Alpha that the Borg in that episode are ones that survived First Contact's defeat (somehow), and were reactivated by Human scientists, and managed to transmit a message to Borg space before they were truly destroyed.

Which means the entire time, the Borg were coming for the Federation because of that message, and Q threw the Enterprise-D in their general path as an early warning. And the attack in First Contact just creates an endless time loop, repeating that sequence over and over.

At least, as I understand it
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Ensign
# 3
04-24-2013, 07:48 PM
It's a poorly designed episode, much like the Ferengi one, which throws a wrench in the established storyline. I'd certainly be willing to believe it's set in the same normal prime universe as TNG, DS9 etc. and that the Borg are largely forgotten/not fully understood. They probably weren't very well recorded due to the very short period of interaction with them, much like the Ferengi were.
Captain
# 4
04-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandereliza View Post
It's a poorly designed episode, much like the Ferengi one, which throws a wrench in the established storyline. I'd certainly be willing to believe it's set in the same normal prime universe as TNG, DS9 etc. and that the Borg are largely forgotten/not fully understood. They probably weren't very well recorded due to the very short period of interaction with them, much like the Ferengi were.
Thank you for saying this for me.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 5
04-24-2013, 08:23 PM
What I got from the episode was that the Borg would eventually encounter the UFP, but FC pushed up that contact. I really don't see a problem with it. When you time travel stories, things get muddled.

In re Ferengi, you got me on that one.
Captain
# 6
04-24-2013, 08:40 PM
It seems like time travel only creates alternate universes in JJ Trek. In normal sane Star Trek without JJ, time travel affects the prime universe, hence why they need agents to police the timline to prevent contamination.
Captain
# 7
04-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Well, you forgot, all those universes in TNG Parallels, the alternate universe from DS9 The Visitor, TNG All Good Things, VOY Timeless, VOY Year of Hell, VOY Endgame, TNG Yesterday's Enterprise, TAS Yesteryear, and so on.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
04-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
It seems like time travel only creates alternate universes in JJ Trek. In normal sane Star Trek without JJ, time travel affects the prime universe, hence why they need agents to police the timline to prevent contamination.
In the prime universe each instance of time travel included the travelers doing everything possible to preserve the sequence/timing of events.

JJ treks time line was created because of serious alterations in the time line caused by Nero.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Captain
# 9
04-24-2013, 07:46 PM
It's a predestination paradox. The Borg wouldn't be destroying Federation colonies in TNG if they hadn't been tipped off by the transmission in "Regeneration".
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Republic Veteran
# 10
04-24-2013, 08:54 PM
I like to think The Enterprise E went back in time and also created the Enterprise legacy.

That the first NX class ship was originally going to be NX-01 Dauntless, but Zefram Cochrane said the first warp five ship should be Enterprise, and Starfleet complied since he went missing as a last wish.