Rihannsu
This might be a dumb idea and maybe its more complex than it sounds, but have you ever considered hiring someone with the sole job of tagging items for the foundry?

From what I understand its not a complex job, it's just very very time consuming. I bet someone could spend a year tagging items and maps that we have now in game that are not in the foundry.

It would save the team having to waste valuable expertise on a straight forward but time heavy job, and could be a good way to get someone new into the game development business who is looking for that first step? It might not be the most exciting, well paid job but I bet someone would love to do it, and it would help the foundry authors out immeasurably, especially getting all this new Romulan stuff in.

So is it possible?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Rihannsu
# 2
04-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Sounds like something they could do after LoR goes live. There are giant stacks of stuff in LoR that could/should be added to the Foundry.

Especially the hollowed out cube and Hakeev's ship.... Sooo.... pretty....

And the new romulan doors. I like how they're color coded with a glowing triangle to let you know if they're locked.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
04-26-2013, 10:06 AM
I keep telling them they can hire me. I'll do it nights and weekends and they'd only have to pay me in Pizza.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Rihannsu
# 4
04-26-2013, 10:20 AM
Some say he tags foundry assets for the sheer joy of the pizza. All we know is he's called the Stig.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
04-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Heck, I'd help for a slice too.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
04-26-2013, 11:49 AM
What sort of pizza toppings are we talking herE? :O
Commander
# 7
04-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintaris View Post
Some say he tags foundry assets for the sheer joy of the pizza. All we know is he's called the Stig.
HA

In an interview they explained this, everything they put into foundry they make from scratch/copied from in-game.
Which is why it takes so long to impliment!
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Career Officer
# 8
04-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I keep telling them they can hire me. I'll do it nights and weekends and they'd only have to pay me in Pizza.
Do we get to resell the pizza for profits?

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Rihannsu
# 9
04-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Stay on topic please.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 10
04-26-2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Stay on topic please.
Not sure what there is to discuss. All we can really say is "yes please" or "not needed", and hope a Dev will stop by to clarify things.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q