Career Officer
# 1 another afker
04-26-2013, 01:56 PM
soooooo just got thru doing a fleet defend run where a level 50 vice admiral was literally sitting in a level 1 ship at the starbase the entire time. he was in full omega gear and looked like he had the 3 piece romulan set on the ship he was on.

Can we get some action on these people please? At least allow some penalty for being reported with a screenshot because this is just wrong on so many levels now.
MMO's of 2014 where normal gameplay is considered an exploit and the eastern billing model is celebrated by apologists. smh
Career Officer
# 2
04-26-2013, 02:07 PM
In the last couple of weeks, since about two patches ago, I get a lot more game crashes. More than once I've been in the middle on an STF where the game has blue-screened Windows. So far I've been lucky enough in all cases except for one to reboot and relaunch the game fast enough that the mission is still in progress when I come back.

I don't know how long a disconnected player remains visible to others in-game, but the point of my post is it may not always be on purpose.

In your example at least I know that wasn't me, since I don't fly a Tier 1 ship. :p
Career Officer
# 3
04-26-2013, 02:13 PM
I have the same issue with constant ctd's, i usually manage to get back in game quite quickly, but sometimes the cryptic 'crash-box' needs to be terminated through taskmanager before i can log back in. Needless to say a lot of AFK'ers are actually suffering from a broken game. Send the grief to cryptic, not the players.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Career Officer
# 4
04-26-2013, 02:20 PM
Yeah I've been seeing the gamut:

Sometimes the game will crash "cleanly", which fires up the Cryptic crash reporter window.

Sometimes the game just stops. The screen freezes for several seconds, and I'm eventually taken back to the desktop. No error message, no crash report, no nothing.

And the worst is the frequent blue screens, since Windows must reboot completely. Luckily I boot off SSD so it only takes 2-3 minutes to get back in-game.
Career Officer
# 5
04-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Crashes aside, some of the STFs (the ones intended to be for VA/LG level) really could use a minimum ship tier requirement. I've seen more folks in NX class and Miranda's in these than I do AFKers.
Captain
# 6
04-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreeman98 View Post
Yeah I've been seeing the gamut:

Sometimes the game will crash "cleanly", which fires up the Cryptic crash reporter window.

Sometimes the game just stops. The screen freezes for several seconds, and I'm eventually taken back to the desktop. No error message, no crash report, no nothing.

And the worst is the frequent blue screens, since Windows must reboot completely. Luckily I boot off SSD so it only takes 2-3 minutes to get back in-game.
honestly... this sounds like you are developing hardware issues somewhere in your system. could be a heat related issue... but still.
Cryptic.
Figure out and address the players path of least resistance to reward. this one thing is THE consistent factor undermining all your efforts. by that crafting, raids or starbase projects.
Career Officer
# 7
04-26-2013, 03:03 PM
Temps are fine; sometimes I can play STO for hours on end, other times it crashes soon after launching. Sometimes it happens in the middle of an intense battle with lots of enemies around, which I can almost understand, but it will also crash just looking at my Bank or pulling up some random menu.

Other games are fine. It's just STO, and it's happened more frequently in the last couple of weeks.

Last edited by gfreeman98; 04-26-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: typo
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
04-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1tigglet View Post
Can we get some action on these people please? At least allow some penalty for being reported with a screenshot because this is just wrong on so many levels now.
A screenshot isn't enough, it's just a static image.
VIDEO, though...
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Career Officer
# 9
04-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Yesterday, I was in an STF where two people were sitting afk...

It wasn't the first time either.

Colony stf is HORRIBLE, half of every time I run it there's someone afk.

We need 24h BANS from pve and pvp queues for afk players.
Career Officer
# 10
04-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guilli88 View Post
Yesterday, I was in an STF where two people were sitting afk...

It wasn't the first time either.
Join an active fleet, make friends and team with people you know and you'll never have problems with people going AFK again.