Ensign
# 1 Exchange Refund
04-26-2013, 11:57 PM
I have been playing STO for approximately one month.
Lately, been doing some buying/selling on the exchange to earn EC to buy nice stuff for my character.

Occasionally, I buy something which is underpriced and resell it.
One hour ago, I made the most profitable trade, ever. Not once, but three times.

I purchased three 10-packs of master keys for the price of only one master key.

I assume the seller made a mistake.
Before you say it .... even though I buy underpriced items, I am always willing to give a refund if the sale is a mistake. So far, no one has ever contacted me to ask for a refund.

I feel bad that another player lost so much EC because he forgot a zero in the price or because he thought the price was per item. Must be a very painful lesson to learn.

Is it possible for me to contact the seller and ask him if he made a mistake and, if so, offer a refund? I earn a lot of EC from buying/selling on the exchange ... but selling 10 master keys for the price of one, to me, feels like robbery.
Captain
# 2
04-27-2013, 12:17 AM
It might be possible. Every time you sell something to someone through the exchange, you get a mail saying <character name>@<account name> bought <item> for <listed price>. I don't remember if it works for items you purchase.
Ensign
# 3
04-27-2013, 12:24 AM
Email is sent to sellers but not to buyers.
Sellers can contact buyers.
But how do buyers contact sellers?

Last edited by sangrine; 04-27-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Captain
# 4
04-27-2013, 12:40 AM
be sure to raise your EC cap before reselling the keys...
forget about it and go on...
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 5
04-27-2013, 12:51 AM
You don't. If the seller didn't even care enough about the issue to TRY to ask, then they're yours. When I find a steal like that, I give them about half an hour to say something, then it's mine.
Lieutenant
# 6
04-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
You don't. If the seller didn't even care enough about the issue to TRY to ask, then they're yours. When I find a steal like that, I give them about half an hour to say something, then it's mine.
Most people wouldn't give 2 seconds, so I commend you. If someone makes a mistake its a mistake and they gotta live with it. I've done it a few times, never for that much money tho, I tend to be very careful on very large amounts.

Ensign
# 7
04-28-2013, 04:26 AM
Quote:
You're a lot more forgiving than I am.

I damn well make sure stuff in the AH is going up for what I really want for it. I've lost a couple of items because of my screwups, I don't afford other people the same luxury.
Captain
# 8
04-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Pah, if I did that and emailed you, would you really give me my stuff back in return for the money? I don't really think so. Remember that this is free market economics here, people lose EC, they suck it up and move on.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Captain
# 9
04-29-2013, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangrine View Post

I assume the seller made a mistake.
Before you say it .... even though I buy underpriced items, I am always willing to give a refund if the sale is a mistake. So far, no one has ever contacted me to ask for a refund.

I feel bad that another player lost so much EC because he forgot a zero in the price or because he thought the price was per item. Must be a very painful lesson to learn.

Is it possible for me to contact the seller and ask him if he made a mistake and, if so, offer a refund? I earn a lot of EC from buying/selling on the exchange ... but selling 10 master keys for the price of one, to me, feels like robbery.
Somewhere, deep inside you... your inner Ferengi is doing a double facepalm
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg