Captain
# 1 Bug: Invisible NPCs
04-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Related to this thread, but now it's a bigger problem.

I'm putting npcs on a map. They are either there or invisible, or they fade to invisible when my toon walks towards them.

Sometimes if I change the costume to a different Cryptic costume, then they are no longer invisible.

This problem goes away post-publish, but it is making npc placement nearly impossible, especially if I have to publish and run a mission, just to see if the npc is typing on the prop at an appropriate height.

I'm not doing fancy tricks or importing costumes. I'm simply putting a Cryptic-made npc on a map and he/she is either there or not there. I know that the settings are correct as far as y values.

Please fix. Project ID is in linked thread.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
04-29-2013, 08:29 AM
So yeah, I've observed it too, and as best I can tell it might be related to the screwy patching in preview. I've found raising their y height a little can help, but not always. In general, preview mode has been getting increasingly difficult to use and I hope that once LoR is launched, the programmers will have time to look in to all the issues with NPC behavior in preview. I'm not expecting pathing to be present in preview, but these issues with NPCs dissapearing/warping is making foundry testing next to impossible.

@greendragoon
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
04-29-2013, 06:25 PM
I'll take a look.
Captain
# 4
04-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
I'll take a look.
I think my problem in this case it that some of the npcs are set to "jobs." Ex: in the map called "mining facility" there are 5 npcs called "researcher." Those are the ones that are disappearing during preview. It may be because they are set to jobs, yet it has been happening to others, not set to jobs.

For example, I did my best to put a npc contact at the console group M 01 (#417). He would be invisible, and then visible when I changed him to a Risian beach walker.

Thank you Frost.