Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I am crashing quite frequently which is an annoyance. I am trying to persevere with certain missions but am on the verge of giving up on them altogether. Adding to this is that each tim I log back in 95meg patch needs to be installed. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Lt. Commander
# 2 I don't think its a patch
01-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Not sure if its a patch, looks more like its verifying all the files that you have and then downloading a few, probably checking to make sure your game files aren't corrupt. And I base that, on absolutely nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2010, 04:31 PM
I haven't had to re-download a patch from fatal crashes to the desktop. However, I do have the mandatory file check the uploader runs that takes about 3 mins or so.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Its verifying that theres no corrupt files on your computer after a crash, this happens to me alot as well. Seems theres a bug where if you try to lvl your skills from rank 8 to 9 it crashes to desktop. This happens to me every time and I've filled out crash reports on the window that appears every time.

After the first verifying thing, I just cancel the rest to get into the game faster.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2010, 04:40 PM
That must be it then - thanks
Lt. Commander
# 6 100% what I'm getting
01-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-Dax View Post
I am crashing quite frequently which is an annoyance. I am trying to persevere with certain missions but am on the verge of giving up on them altogether. Adding to this is that each tim I log back in 95meg patch needs to be installed. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Mate...I have wrote in another forum about this issue. I keep getting the same problem (just look at my posts in advanced search mate) But yeah, crashes towards the end of a mission and I'm having to restart everything from scratch! seriously putting me off playing Beta anymore unless this problem stops!

crashes to desktop along with a message that reads "oops, your Cryptic account has crashed"!
Becoming very annoying, and it makes gameplay next to impossible!
Your not alone me ol china