Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #11
04-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Senior Producer Steve "SalamiInferno" Ricossa, Jr. reveals details about the subscriber rewards planned for the Romulan Republic in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Republic Veteran
# 2
04-29-2013, 12:02 PM
*refrains from giving out a less than manly squee*

@Captain_Shephard - Join Date Status: Assimilated - Twitter: @RogueJawa

Set your course and come chart a new adventure in Star Trek Online with Priority One.
Email us here to join the official fleet of STO's premier podcast.
Career Officer
# 3
04-29-2013, 12:03 PM
Career Officer
# 4
04-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Since the KDF and Fed 1000 days ships are basically carbon copies of each other, I wonder how the Singularity core will play into the nominal balance of the 1000 Day Rom ship.

Also, please make these Fleet Level (or at the very least, open the purchase of a Fleet Version to 1000 dayers at the cost of 1 FSM).
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
04-29-2013, 12:10 PM
So, you caved on the Alien-Hybrid Romulan species.

Nice to know our vet rewards are being mirrored over to the new faction

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
04-29-2013, 12:11 PM
Don't suppose we could get some screenshots of the veteran reward ship materials and player costumes?
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
04-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Don't suppose we could get some screenshots of the veteran reward ship materials and player costumes?
Since they haven't actually been designed yet I'm going to guess not.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 8
04-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Those are all marked as not available at launch and scheduled for development. So there are no screens to share at this time

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 9
04-29-2013, 12:36 PM
I thought Cryptic was making too much sense with having Romulans/Remans on a R/R story where it's generally considered R/R aren't exactly the most xenofriendly race in Star Trek or giving subscribers some value for their money.

No, no Cryptic you stick to doing the opposite of making sense. As an LTS'er I wonder what's the point in buying the legacy pack when it's becoming apparent that as subbers I get access to a bunch of stuff as it is making what looks like a great deal....not such a great deal.

I'm well aware things can change but when you make so much sense (whether or not people agree) and then do a complete U turn doesn't exactly fill me with much faith.

So in LOR we'll have a Klingon looking alien in a Klingon ship serving the KDF and have absolutely ZERO connection to anything Romulan except for the first 10 levels or so? Wonder how much this will end up another KDF faction where really everything becomes a KDF (or Rom) flavoured FED mission e.g. CE mission where KDF get instructions from a Federation officer.
Kirk's Protege - 19/11/2012
Kirk's Protege Jr - 30/05/2014
[1/5 5:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 964780 (1581938) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Career Officer
# 10
04-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Seems good to me, even costume unlocks for vets, that's nice.

I'm a little disappointed that the Liberated Borg Boff doesn't come in a Romulan version though.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !