Lt. Commander
# 1 Loading screen problems
01-16-2010, 02:33 AM
Just to let you know I'm still having problems just after login I can chose character but when it starts to load the game freezes. It keeps freezing on the load screen. When I check the windows task manager it shows my CPU running at 99% and says that the game is not running. as soon as I close the program the spike goes away again.

My processor is an AMD Athlon(tm) Processor LE-1640 (2600 MHz)
My Graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1gb

I am looking at upgrading my system but I only have a small budget so I'm looking at high specification / low costs but some of the specs are confusing.

So far what I can play I love, Keep up the good work

Thank you for your help
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-16-2010, 03:41 AM
Are you stuck in the Sol or Sirus area? There is another post for loading problems and I am not quite sure we are having the same problem. I am also running an AMD and GeForce ( you got me beat). Thats where my load times make the game unplayable. I feel the same way though. I have been yelling "fire everything!" and loving it. Want to upgrade with a small budget? ....same, but the longer we wait the cheaper it will be in the future. Oh, lastly, I just came from Champions ( same engine?) and didnt have any of these issuses so hopfully it is just a matter of time before we can get back to saving the universe.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-16-2010, 04:15 AM
Yep I've only just got my first ship (Lieutenant I think.)
I've just finally finished my first mission (Saving Danna Bloit? from the Orions) the first problem I had was enemy ships getting stuck, me being my ship. (That caused me to begin quoting Andromeda.) and a number of small glitches, Cryptic new about these so I didn't bug them about it, and I decided to try re-loading the mission.
Now it seems I'm stuck between loading screens.
I thought It might be my system.
I know some people don't like to posts that have complaints but this is Beta if we don't tell them when things are broken then they will never get fixed and that would be sad.
I love Star Trek and have been waiting for a game for a long time now.
I and happy but I just want to play.
Maybe if my bottom lip sticks out enough... *Pouts*

Oh I use to play City of Heroes/Villains and have never had any problems.
I moved on to WoW and the only problems I've had with that game is during the day in Dalaran but I think that is because everyone that has got to lvl 80 just sits there all day with nothing to do until they increase the lvl cap.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-16-2010, 04:45 AM
na, thats what beta is for, 1 point for all of us. 80 levels of WoW....poor thing... , Hey i found that in some other post that this is a problem that has not been adressed yet?....but there are somethings you can do , you can change your proxies to get in. ( thats above my head ) so this might be a network problem, you can also try putting ur setting six feet under. That i can do and lowering my settings made all my loads "hella" better, so try playing with ur settings if you have to play....like me... good luck