Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Subject says it all. Inventory up, no run. Inventory closed, run like the wind--for three seconds, until you're pooped.

Does everyone in Starfleet smoke?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-16-2010, 07:38 AM
I have noticed when my inventory is up the arrow keys move a white box around in the inventory instead of moving my character. I haven't tried the WASD keys or holding both mouse buttons to see if I still move though so I don't know if it is isolated to just the arrow keys or all forms of movement.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos5000 View Post
I have noticed when my inventory is up the arrow keys move a white box around in the inventory instead of moving my character. I haven't tried the WASD keys or holding both mouse buttons to see if I still move though so I don't know if it is isolated to just the arrow keys or all forms of movement.
Kinda stinks if you're left-handed. I use the numpad for WASD etc, and being that my thumb is right on the directionals, I use those for other functions...including run. Must be what's happening.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathenish View Post
Kinda stinks if you're left-handed. I use the numpad for WASD etc, and being that my thumb is right on the directionals, I use those for other functions...including run. Must be what's happening.
Yeah, I am left handed too, I never tried using that setup, I always just used arrow keys to move. Granted my hand is moving all over the board during combat but it works for me, I might have to try giving the keypad setup a try though.

Also I just checked, WASD and the mouse movement options and they work fine, just the arrow keys don't work
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos5000 View Post
Yeah, I am left handed too, I never tried using that setup, I always just used arrow keys to move. Granted my hand is moving all over the board during combat but it works for me, I might have to try giving the keypad setup a try though.

Also I just checked, WASD and the mouse movement options and they work fine, just the arrow keys don't work
Yeah, the nice thing about the numpad is there are a lot more keys to bind than the directionals. I have 7&9 as throttle up/down in ship and target next/previous enemy on the ground, for instance. The enter key is jump, plus sign's target nearest enemy, divide is interact, 0's auto-run, etc.

But I know that once you're used to a setup, it's nearly impossible to change it.