Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 749
# 1 Negh'Var Refit Speculation
05-06-2013, 05:54 PM
It was noted by Al in a recent podcast that sometime after LoR Launch, the KDF will get a Refit Negh'Var. No info on BOFF stations or Consoles/Weapons yet.

Personally, I'm hoping to be able to fire the large Super-Disruptors on the underside.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 186
# 2
05-06-2013, 06:22 PM
That would be awesome, especially if it got a fleet retrofit as well. I love the look of the Qu'Daj cruiser, and have been pining for our Fleet to reach rank IV so I could get in the Fleet version. I'm currently in the Fleet K't'inga, which is a solid, underrated ship, but I find myself missing the more majestic Qu'Daj.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,534
# 3
05-06-2013, 11:38 PM
I also pine for the 'Super Disruptors' as well.

I had an interesting thought the other day as well, to give the KDF side a unique torpedo:

A double-photon torpedo launcher. It'd be simple, a photon torpedo launcher, but it fires two torps every time it fires. If you fire it with a HY, it'd be double the HY torpedoes. To balance it, it'd be a bit weaker torpedoes.

OR

A heavy-photon torpedo launcher. Basically the opposite. Fires much more hard hitting photon torps, possibly with a negative arc modifier, putting it down to 45 degrees from the normal 90. You could say that it's like a double warhead or some other technobabble that makes it do more 'boom boom'.

OR

A disrupted-photon torpedo. A normal, or almost normal damage torp which in turn has a damage resistance debuff when it hits the target. It'd look like the greenish torps you sometimes see in the shows fired from Klingon ships.

For the 'Super Disruptors', I see those more as a weapon than a console (though I don't blame em if they made it a console). Difficult to figure out what they'd do though, or how they'd work.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 108
# 4
05-07-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I also pine for the 'Super Disruptors' as well.

I had an interesting thought the other day as well, to give the KDF side a unique torpedo:

A double-photon torpedo launcher. It'd be simple, a photon torpedo launcher, but it fires two torps every time it fires. If you fire it with a HY, it'd be double the HY torpedoes. To balance it, it'd be a bit weaker torpedoes.

OR

A heavy-photon torpedo launcher. Basically the opposite. Fires much more hard hitting photon torps, possibly with a negative arc modifier, putting it down to 45 degrees from the normal 90. You could say that it's like a double warhead or some other technobabble that makes it do more 'boom boom'.

OR

A disrupted-photon torpedo. A normal, or almost normal damage torp which in turn has a damage resistance debuff when it hits the target. It'd look like the greenish torps you sometimes see in the shows fired from Klingon ships.

For the 'Super Disruptors', I see those more as a weapon than a console (though I don't blame em if they made it a console). Difficult to figure out what they'd do though, or how they'd work.
Or a more advanced Harghpeng? Like slightly weaker than tricobalt like 9.337 Kinetic damage. more Dot and AoE explosion damage?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 5
05-07-2013, 07:52 AM
I would just enjoy a design that gives wieght to the soft cannon descriptions given it from the official Klingon vessel recognition manual as a tough heavily armored platform with tremendous firepower but slower impulse speed than normal KDF designs.

Did you know that the neghvar was so heavily stacked with armor that it was akin to having secondary shielding?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 324
# 6
05-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canisanubis View Post
That would be awesome, especially if it got a fleet retrofit as well. I love the look of the Qu'Daj cruiser, and have been pining for our Fleet to reach rank IV so I could get in the Fleet version. I'm currently in the Fleet K't'inga, which is a solid, underrated ship, but I find myself missing the more majestic Qu'Daj.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I would just enjoy a design that gives wieght to the soft cannon descriptions given it from the official Klingon vessel recognition manual as a tough heavily armored platform with tremendous firepower but slower impulse speed than normal KDF designs.

Did you know that the neghvar was so heavily stacked with armor that it was akin to having secondary shielding?
This is just my fatigue-addled brain tossing ideas at the wall trying to figure how to make something like that happen...

What if ships had differing Armor modifiers, the way they do for shields? If a Neghvar was that tough, it could have an armor mod of like, 4 just to throw a big number into play, and then a single blue XI Neutronium would provide about 55% resistance. Would that be a step toward making big "big trouble" instead of "big target?"

-Gen
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,449
# 7
06-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I also pine for the 'Super Disruptors' as well.

I had an interesting thought the other day as well, to give the KDF side a unique torpedo:

A double-photon torpedo launcher. It'd be simple, a photon torpedo launcher, but it fires two torps every time it fires. If you fire it with a HY, it'd be double the HY torpedoes. To balance it, it'd be a bit weaker torpedoes.

OR

A heavy-photon torpedo launcher. Basically the opposite. Fires much more hard hitting photon torps, possibly with a negative arc modifier, putting it down to 45 degrees from the normal 90. You could say that it's like a double warhead or some other technobabble that makes it do more 'boom boom'.

OR

A disrupted-photon torpedo. A normal, or almost normal damage torp which in turn has a damage resistance debuff when it hits the target. It'd look like the greenish torps you sometimes see in the shows fired from Klingon ships.

For the 'Super Disruptors', I see those more as a weapon than a console (though I don't blame em if they made it a console). Difficult to figure out what they'd do though, or how they'd work.
Klingons rely more on thier disruptors more so than torpedos and they prefer them.Remeber when Gawron was pointing his disruptors on DS9 and the Duras sisters firing dissies on the Ent.-D.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,251
# 8
06-01-2013, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post

I had an interesting thought the other day as well, to give the KDF side a unique torpedo:

A double-photon torpedo launcher. It'd be simple, a photon torpedo launcher, but it fires two torps every time it fires. If you fire it with a HY, it'd be double the HY torpedoes. To balance it, it'd be a bit weaker torpedoes.
I really like this one, makes it different to the Federation one but very Klingon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
A disrupted-photon torpedo. A normal, or almost normal damage torp which in turn has a damage resistance debuff when it hits the target. It'd look like the greenish torps you sometimes see in the shows fired from Klingon ships.
I also like this one, perhaps combining the two of these tinto one would be very awesome, even if it has the standard arc to compensate for it's abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generator88 View Post
This is just my fatigue-addled brain tossing ideas at the wall trying to figure how to make something like that happen...

What if ships had differing Armor modifiers, the way they do for shields? If a Neghvar was that tough, it could have an armor mod of like, 4 just to throw a big number into play, and then a single blue XI Neutronium would provide about 55% resistance. Would that be a step toward making big "big trouble" instead of "big target?"

-Gen
This is another great idea. These ideas could really work in a 3-pack. And before people start staying it would be OP. How many times have we gotten the short stick? How on Earth does Cryptic expect to gain more KDF players if they always give us stuff that isn't as good as the other factions. Something unique and remarkable is really something the KDF needs right now, we got a tutorial and a few unique missions which was nice, but far less than was actually implied by Cryptic. No uniforms, more cross factional missions and only two low tier ships that were built over 12 months ago and are BOP's which need a buff anyway. They wanted us to think they did all this for us, while I appreciate the work and the quality of the missions we still got the short end of the stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
How would you do super-disruptors though to make them unique, and instead of just another gimmick console skill? A mere damage boost would be dull, something accomplished with Overload anyways, and just a variant of existing Disruptor Cannon / Phaser Lance systems anyways. A weapon with some kind of unique modifier maybe, similar to the Regent's torpedo, but what?

Also if the Regent got a weapon and a console, why not similar for the Negh'var? One idea, when we first saw the Negh'var, it was launching boarding actions even in the middle of battle, beaming warriors in even with shields still up. Why not a version of Boarding Party, using transporters instead of vulnerable and time-delayed shuttles? The game already has a mechanic for it with the Borg, and the idea of ditching your ship to stab your enemies in the face is about as Klingon as one can get.
I agree the Regent got two weapons so why not the Negh'var retrofit. The torpedo I quoted and talked about earlier in this thread and a inbuilt boarding ability would be great. Combine this into a three pack with perhaps one of the 3 heavily science orientated would be awesome. Some say we have the Bortasqu', but the bad turn-rate has turned a lot of KDF players off it, one of the worse turn rates in the game, especially considering we are used to KDF Battlecruisers and their turn rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 324
# 9
05-07-2013, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canisanubis View Post
That would be awesome, especially if it got a fleet retrofit as well. I love the look of the Qu'Daj cruiser, and have been pining for our Fleet to reach rank IV so I could get in the Fleet version. I'm currently in the Fleet K't'inga, which is a solid, underrated ship, but I find myself missing the more majestic Qu'Daj.
My Gorn engineer is in much the same situation. He's currently in the K'Tinga retrofit, and when I had 4 FSMs saved up, I gave them to my Tac to stall for time to either see if the new Negh'Var is worth it, or consider a fleet Neg (and give our fleet time to get to a T4 shipyard).

Fingers crossed for awesome.

Later on,
Gen
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 273
# 10
05-07-2013, 06:46 AM
I agree as well, I want fire these huge massive Disruptor cannons that lay waste to everything >

I also want the pylons from the underbelly... me likies that Negh'var
T5 Ship Comparison Spreadsheet
Play my missions on Holodeck!
Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:11 PM.