Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Unbearable lag since new patch
05-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Firstly, for 15 minutes I didn't get "Engage" button on the launcher. When it did come, and I did get to go in-game, it's continuously server not responding and very slow in loading the NPC players, the game data, the chat data etc.

I've never come across such lag ever before. Thought it's my net but I'm not lagging in anything else other than STO.
Lieutenant
# 2
05-08-2013, 09:31 AM
This is pathetic. The past month has been the worst network service from this game in it's lifetime.

Obviously the infrastructure is not capable of taking the load of all games Cryptic was running plus the addition of NWN. There has been no proper communication from Cryptic or Perfect World. This "Branflakes" character on the forum does nothing more than say, "We're working on it". There's been several outages, patches, downtimes, maintenance periods, none of which make any difference.

Pathetic.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
05-08-2013, 09:34 AM
I dont exactly know what this is about, but this is something very intense and I want it fixed.. it's been like this ever since i patched since past 5 hours...
Career Officer
# 4
05-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Yeah, admittedly I have hardly played because of it. I was sling shotting and lagging so badly AND I have been losing control of my ship! i.e. No directional control, powers do not activate when clicked on, weapons refusing to fire, etc...

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
05-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Can I dev please respond here? It's being 5 hrs since this horrible lag and I really wanna get in the game...
Ensign
# 6
05-08-2013, 12:01 PM
5 Hours really? You're ******** like that over five hours? It's been like this for me for 3 weeks fo rme and others. I think there was a South Park sketch that covers what they are really doing with the gerbils they have running the server farm.