Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 busy server important info
01-16-2010, 01:54 PM
So you don't have to go though the 11 pages of people post saying unhelpful things over an over so here is the important info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
The servers are full to capacity. Literally. A dev has even gone on record saying even he couldnt log in, and they are working, literally, around the clock optimizing server code to get every last ounce of power out of the servers, . They have also ordered new hardware for the servers, and asked for expediated delivery, so until that hardware arrives, theres nothing more they can do.

What you need to remember, is this is cryptic's first time at creating and delivering an MMO of this size, and for so many players. You need to give them time to optimize things, and stop being elfish, sayign everything should be perfect, just because YOU want to log in now.
So stop your whining about logging onto the server and stop the posting the same thing over and over it does not help them when you say, "fix it now", "i can't log in" and stuff like that. Be patient they will get it fix in time.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Am I frustrated I can't log in now, yes. But I am certainly glad they are finding this out now, rather than release. The busier the server gets the beefier they'll make it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-16-2010, 02:08 PM
The thing is though they should have seen it coming.

Star Trek online is possibly the most highly anticipated game since the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 so for them to seriously under estimate the volumes of players that could be connecting/connected at any one time is.....well i won't lie it makes me feel like i've been robbed of 49.99

Not only is it going to be a massive MMO its also going to be home of possibly the entire worlds supply of Star Trek Nerds (myself included!!) so i say again - They should have seen it coming and beefed the servers up to stop this issue from happening.

I truly hope that everything todo with the servers IE connecting etc is fixed before release otherwise Cryptic are going to be in real trouble and the forums will be getting real busy with people complaining.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Maybe their past release history suggested that the current server capacity would be adequate for beta. Or maybe they're intentionally maxing out the server as another stress test.

Possible still that the Star Trek IP is drawing attention faster and stronger than Cryptic have prepared for. Numbers and guesswork only go so far.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-16-2010, 02:28 PM
ITS BETA!!! this is what beta is for to find these issues so they can be solved before release, Beta is simply a perk it is not the game, give your head a shake if you are getting upset about this, this is why they have beta to test server capacities.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Odd thing is that instead of a "Log in Later" message, I am now getting an "invalid uesername/password message". And yes, I checked my name/password.

Anyone else getting this?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Silkroad Online- a worldwide MMO- with thousands of members- possibly millions- has full servers all the time Besides the free players- we spend a fortune to (like 500.)a year for extras! Like preium 30 day tickets that allow you to log in quicker. But like I said- It being around for years- updating regularly- re releasing new clients- the servers are always full. Its the nature of the MMO- and I'm sure that there are going to be as many or more worldwide STO players. And so I wait..................
Lt. Commander
# 8 "We're working on it..."
01-16-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm not sure this is the answer those of us who spent the money ahead of time, investing in the game's future, want to hear right now. All I want is the schmo who's sitting on the server right now picking his nose to LOG OFF so that active players who want to learn the game can get in there and enjoy it. "We're working on it" is nice...being able to log onto the game like I expected when I pre-ordered it, is alot nicer. Entering a system and seeing ships just sitting there, and STILL there after I'm done and getting ready to leave is frustrating. If the servers being maxxed, kick people off for more than say 30 seconds of inactivity.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -V- View Post
I'm not sure this is the answer those of us who spent the money ahead of time, investing in the game's future, want to hear right now. All I want is the schmo who's sitting on the server right now picking his nose to LOG OFF so that active players who want to learn the game can get in there and enjoy it. "We're working on it" is nice...being able to log onto the game like I expected when I pre-ordered it, is alot nicer. Entering a system and seeing ships just sitting there, and STILL there after I'm done and getting ready to leave is frustrating. If the servers being maxxed, kick people off for more than say 30 seconds of inactivity.
30 seconds is a bit extreme some times i need to pee.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-16-2010, 03:31 PM
better than letting poges just sit there, go fix a sandwich, shovel the driveway and walk the dog then come back to actually playing the game...alright..i'll concede 2 minutes. if it takes you longer than that to pee, you have issues the game can't fix.