Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
Hello. I am a KDF veteran going all the way back to when there was essentially nothing to do to level up except go to the Kahless Expanse and blow up Federation NPCs, and PVP whenever the queue came up.

Somehow I endured and my second-oldest character (had to make a level 6 Fed back then to unlock KDF) is still in service.

My question is this: What's the new starter content like? I'm wildly curious but may have to free up a character slot just to see it (and I'd hate to delete anybody). I heard there was some humor in it, and it was more Klingonesque.

Details are welcome. Again, I marked this thread as spoiler alert. If I like what I'm reading I'll make a new KDF just to check it out after stabbing one of my old characters!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,043
# 2
05-12-2013, 07:14 AM
Well, I tried the first missions on the test server yesterday and found them very enjoyable.
In the tutorial, you start out as second officer on a Bird of Prey and discover the hard way that your captain has sold out to the Federation so they can ambush your ship and get one of their best agents back.
You've certainly heard of him...and now you can actually hear him.
Along with Drake, all the characters have voiceovers just like in the recent FE missions.

After the first officer fails to relieve the captain of his command since she ends up with his knife in her torso, that duty falls on you.
Thus you gain your new command.
Afterwards you effect repairs and get rid of the enemy ships that have invaded Klingon space to get the agent back.
Then you send him to the prison in the first city.
It's located in the building the judge sits in front of.
You'll notice that a lot in the next few missions in the First City: you'll enter rooms previously unseen.
Like the Prison, the rooms behind the exchange (yes that door leads somewhere) and an enemy safehouse with lots of agents that have infiltrated the heart of the Klingon Empire!

It's a lot of fun and IMO youl shouldn't miss any of it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
# 3
05-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Well, I tried the first missions on the test server yesterday and found them very enjoyable.
In the tutorial, you start out as second officer on a Bird of Prey and discover the hard way that your captain has sold out to the Federation so they can ambush your ship and get one of their best agents back.
You've certainly heard of him...and now you can actually hear him.
Along with Drake, all the characters have voiceovers just like in the recent FE missions.

After the first officer fails to relieve the captain of his command since she ends up with his knife in her torso, that duty falls on you.
Thus you gain your new command.
Afterwards you effect repairs and get rid of the enemy ships that have invaded Klingon space to get the agent back.
Then you send him to the prison in the first city.
It's located in the building the judge sits in front of.
You'll notice that a lot in the next few missions in the First City: you'll enter rooms previously unseen.
Like the Prison, the rooms behind the exchange (yes that door leads somewhere) and an enemy safehouse with lots of agents that have infiltrated the heart of the Klingon Empire!

It's a lot of fun and IMO youl shouldn't miss any of it.
Sounds very cool! A shame that Drake has to inevitable escape for continuity purposes, though.

Wonder what some of the funny stuff is like. Klingon-style funny I hope. Headbutting antics, drunk singing?
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,386
# 4
05-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Question ... can anyone see the 'tutorial" if I create a new character or is it only the first time you make a Klink toon? Otherwise, it sounds very cool. Kudos Cryptic for doing it right!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,530
# 5
05-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Question ... can anyone see the 'tutorial" if I create a new character or is it only the first time you make a Klink toon? Otherwise, it sounds very cool. Kudos Cryptic for doing it right!
Any level 1 KDF Faction can do the Tutorial. After the first time probably you'll get the option to skip it.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 8
# 6
05-19-2013, 02:46 PM
A great part of the tutorial is that now you're being sent around the First City for an actual purpose, not just to see what's there. You're going around questioning witnesses when Drake escapes.

After Drake escapes you go after him, he's gone to Rura Penthe so you finally get to beam down there to the prison. He's breaking someone out and you have to figure out if that's a good thing or a bad thing. That leads into the current mission line where you're tracking down the Romulan collaborators.

A VA character I transferred had the new starter missions available starting at the point you have your ship. So you can still do the prison break missions forward as any character, but not the stuff where you take your command via right of combat. That is great stuff and worth another character slot in my opinion. Or just get on Tribble and see it there.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,251
# 7
05-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalefactor View Post
My question is this: What's the new starter content like? I'm wildly curious but may have to free up a character slot just to see it (and I'd hate to delete anybody). I heard there was some humor in it, and it was more Klingonesque.

Details are welcome. Again, I marked this thread as spoiler alert. If I like what I'm reading I'll make a new KDF just to check it out after stabbing one of my old characters!
Why not just open a new slot, if you've filled them all and don't want to delete them a new slot is pretty easy to get. Doesn't take much to grind up the dilithium and convert it to Zen for two slots.

Might be a better alternative for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,587
# 8
05-21-2013, 05:43 AM
The only problem I had was that a low level Klingon can kill a vet kdf captain.
He should have been able to drops kick me so fast my grandchildren would feel it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:16 AM.