Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #17
05-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Systems Designer Jeff "AdjudicatorHawk" Hamilton shares details about our upcoming new ship mechanic, warp cores, in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Republic Veteran
# 2
05-13-2013, 11:06 AM
My name is Marie, and I complain about everything.

Except this.

This looks awesome.

-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"

Last edited by themarie; 05-13-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Captain
# 3
05-13-2013, 11:07 AM
This is a bit early.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Republic Veteran
# 4
05-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
This is a bit early.
All the server-induced nerd-rage knocked California out of temporal sync. We're getting glimpse of the FUTURE.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
05-13-2013, 11:14 AM
I cannot wait this sounds awesome.
Career Officer
# 6 From one surgeon to another...
05-13-2013, 11:21 AM
"Aye and if my Granny had wheels, she'd be a wagon."

Transwarp cores...up yer shaft...

Cryptic Dev folks I hope you give some love to Crafting these things too btw other than Doffs and Drops etc.
Ensign
# 7
05-13-2013, 01:28 PM
wow so there going to give out unique singularity cores for fed and kdf so i have to ask is there anything special or unique about playiing a romulan if cryptic gives fed and kdf romulan singularity abillitys then whats the pont of even playing a romulan i wanted to play a romulan so bad now im starting to wonder if they have anything that fed and kdf dont have i mean we give away our wepens and other things to kdf and fed the only thing we have is our cloaking advantage hey fans why dont u ask cryptic to give u that too break the treety and give u everything then romulans can all go to one planet and the kdf and fed can destroy that planet from orbit and romulans will be no more i thought romulans were going to be unique and diffrent from the other factions and i was cool with haveing an alliance but it seems that everything cool about romulans just got abzorbed in to fed and kdf plus we have a decrease to our base power how is there even balance anymore the new warp cores give fed and kdf more power then ever how can we even go up against therm we r so weak and underpowered now please any other romulan fans that think im right help suport me on this one or romulans will not have a chance to even fight back!
Captain
# 8
05-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush105 View Post
wow so there going to give out unique singularity cores for fed and kdf
No. Feds and KDF get special Warp Cores, not Singularity Cores. Warp Cores don't offer the types of Science Powers that the Roms get with their Singularity Cores. Warp Cores give stat bonuses.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 9
05-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Quote:
wow so there going to give out unique singularity cores for fed and kdf so i have to ask is there anything special or unique about playiing a romulan if cryptic gives fed and kdf romulan singularity abillitys then whats the pont of even playing a romulan i wanted to play a romulan so bad now im starting to wonder if they have anything that fed and kdf dont have i mean we give away our wepens and other things to kdf and fed the only thing we have is our cloaking advantage hey fans why dont u ask cryptic to give u that too break the treety and give u everything then romulans can all go to one planet and the kdf and fed can destroy that planet from orbit and romulans will be no more i thought romulans were going to be unique and diffrent from the other factions and i was cool with haveing an alliance but it seems that everything cool about romulans just got abzorbed in to fed and kdf plus we have a decrease to our base power how is there even balance anymore the new warp cores give fed and kdf more power then ever how can we even go up against therm we r so weak and underpowered now please any other romulan fans that think im right help suport me on this one or romulans will not have a chance to even fight back!
i dont disagree with you. But in a game where a Fed captain can fly a tholian ship using plasma weapons, i mean whats the real point in making anything "distinct".

I would love to seem MORE restrictions and this is the only game I can say I have ever thought that.

Like there should be no "alien" choice for Romulans for a laundry list of reasons.
Captain
# 10
05-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Where does it say Fed or KDF can use singularity cores?