Empire Veteran
I was testing out the enemy ships, and I find that they will disappear on me, and I wasn't even finish with that group of ships to kill off. Another thing that happens if I put a borg ship in space, and fight the borg ship it will disappear, and then reappear in a far off distance. One other thing is when one of those borg ships disappear, and reappear I saw some small explosions, and I found out there were security falling out of no where shooting at the borg in space.
<a href=https://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/IceAxe18-STO.png target=_blank>https://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/IceAxe18-STO.png</a>

AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz Eight-Core CPU, MSI 970A-G46 Motherboard, 8GB Memory, Geforce GTX 750 2GB, Windows 8.1 64bit
Captain
# 2
05-14-2013, 02:07 PM
yeah, I've noticed those glitches. They don't seem to be there ingame
Captain
# 3
05-14-2013, 02:57 PM
That bug's been here for a while. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
05-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Best advice right now is don't test combat in the Foundry map test. Put the mobs where you think they should go, as near as you can guess to what you're going to want, and then do a test publish to test combat balance.

As far as progressing the objectives while doing an in-Foundry map test, I suggest targeting them all and hitting the kill mob button as fast as you can, then move on to the next objective.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forums are like Sanctuary Districts, complete with Gimmes, Ghosts and Dims.
Rihannsu
# 5
05-15-2013, 10:01 AM
what Drogyn said...

I call this the 0/0/0 Point bug. Usually when boffs or enemies disappear they get relocated to the 0/0/0 point on the map.... usually.

My KDF mission "Diplomacy in the Gamma Quadrant" had the space battle tweaked so that it takes place in the general vicinity of the 0/0/0 point thus making it less noticable.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 6
05-15-2013, 12:47 PM
We have to publish to test combat, as others have said. Preview is only reliable for building sets. It also affects ground npcs, if they are set to wander or jobs. They are nowhere to be found in preview.
Ensign
# 7
12-15-2013, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
That bug's been here for a while. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.
If you place a battleship group, and join the mission as a team the battle ships become dreadnoughts, and tough ones at that. I had 4 people on my team, they may appear with 3 but when playing with 2 people 2 battleships appeared.
Ensign
# 8
12-15-2013, 11:53 AM
If you place a battleship group, and join the mission as a team the battle ships become dreadnoughts, and tough ones at that. I had 4 people on my team, they may appear with 3 but when playing with 2 people 2 battleships appeared.
Rihannsu
# 9
12-15-2013, 01:01 PM
yeah, space mobs get upgraded based on the number of players.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 10
12-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzolkin2012 View Post
That's normal behavior. When you run any mission, not just one of ours, in a team, the game automatically increases the number of space mobs in strict accordance with this chart. In ground missions the other players instead take up slots on your away team that would normally hold a boff.
Useful Links for Foundry Writers | STO standalone installer

Quote:
We therefore commit his body to the deep, to be turned into corruption, looking for the resurrection of the body when the stars shall give up their dead.