Survivor of Romulus
The developers should change the Reputation system to be account bound. This is officially a player submitted request to have the Reputation system redesigned to work on an account based system. Players should be allowed (At the very least) to purchase gear from the reputation store (Bind on Equip, Bound to Account.) The reputation system powers could be another matter. Perhaps Reputation across factions would still remain separate, but grinding out the reputation more than once or twice is absolutely ridiculous.

The reputation grind is probably the worst addition to this game and is an insult to the Star Trek community. If we don't act on this, the game developers will take it as far as they want.

We want content not grinding.

Last edited by neurodopamine; 05-19-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
05-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Id much rather see the level grind account bound and you need to on each character unlock the store and items. Even having it faction based for the leveling would be better than what it is now. So you only need to grind three times, 1 Fed, 1 KDF and 1 Romulan. Better than running 9 characters through.

Most of us made these characters before this excessive grind came in and it's pretty unfair for us when we're expected to either delete characters we've put a lot of work into or to grind each character up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
05-19-2013, 04:00 PM
That would be a good example of a solution. Unfortunately, the Devs know that most players will either suck it up and do the grind or not complain enough to actually change anything.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
05-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodopamine View Post
That would be a good example of a solution. Unfortunately, the Devs know that most players will either suck it up and do the grind or not complain enough to actually change anything.
Well, I'm complaining dammit.

Things were going great, STF-wise...then the Season 7 Rep system happened.
They could have left the STF stuff alone, seeing how (supposedly) so many players loathed doing them to get the Borg/KHG/MACO/Omega sets.
But noooooooo...we all get stuck with the Rep system.
So after the shock wore off, months later, I decide to go ahead and tackle the Rep because much like herpes and justin bieber this thing isn't going away.

Then, like being kicked in the groin by the girl you pissed off then challenged to a fight you ultimately lose, I find out that you have to do this same damn thing for ALL the characters I enjoy playing.

So am I doing that?
Hell no.
1-2 max...and it's starting to get real boring real fast.
I think I actually play less, now.

CRYPTIC, MAKE THE REP SYSTEM UNLOCKS ACCOUNT WIDE.
OR BETTER YET GIVE US OUR PRE-SEASON 7 STF SYSTEM BACK.

This mad smiley is for letting this "Rep" insanity continue ---> <---
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
05-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
Well, I'm complaining dammit.

Things were going great, STF-wise...then the Season 7 Rep system happened.
They could have left the STF stuff alone, seeing how (supposedly) so many players loathed doing them to get the Borg/KHG/MACO/Omega sets.
But noooooooo...we all get stuck with the Rep system.
So after the shock wore off, months later, I decide to go ahead and tackle the Rep because much like herpes and justin bieber this thing isn't going away.

Then, like being kicked in the groin by the girl you pissed off then challenged to a fight you ultimately lose, I find out that you have to do this same damn thing for ALL the characters I enjoy playing.

So am I doing that?
Hell no.
1-2 max...and it's starting to get real boring real fast.
I think I actually play less, now.

CRYPTIC, MAKE THE REP SYSTEM UNLOCKS ACCOUNT WIDE.
OR BETTER YET GIVE US OUR PRE-SEASON 7 STF SYSTEM BACK.

This mad smiley is for letting this "Rep" insanity continue ---> <---

^ This guy knows what's up. We the players have to demand a change for this to happen. We should not ignore alt characters because they don't have all of the space buffs from the rep system. Or feel bad for playing them without grinding the rep system.
Captain
# 6
05-19-2013, 04:31 PM
At the very least, the store items need to be account bound. I can understand each character running up the ranks to unlock the tier rewards, but having to grind every store unlock for every character is just depressing. I have a Fed alt that I'm not playing much at the moment, but he's an alien gen Romulan. Pretty much all of the New Romulus rep gear would be perfect for him, but with my main Fed and another Fed alt already grinding the New Romulus rep, I really can't bring myself to start grinding it again for him. I play a lot, and even I don't have enough in game time for that much grinding.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Lieutenant
Having the Reputation items be account-bound instead of character-bound seems like a great option to me. Even if I still have to go through the Reputation grind for each of my characters for the tier passives and powers (a reasonable expectation I suppose), being able to do stuff like STF content with M.A.C.O./Omega/KHG sets from the start would make the process a lot less tedious. With this in place, I'd be much more inclined to go through Reputation on each of my characters, allowing me to get the best out of my alts to experience different playstyles and what not. I have various alts of different professions and different builds that I would love to play endgame content with more, but won't because the high cost in both time and materials of duplicate Reputation grind for the same endgame items I can get on my main characters is just too much for me.

Say we have to run through the Reputation systems on one character for each faction to get the item and store unlocks. Then we can buy and push the items to our alt characters as we wish only through the Account Bank. You can't use the stuff on any character under Lvl 50 anyways, so players still have to put the work in on each character. And to perform at their absolute best, going through the Reputation again for the passives and T5 powers seems fair. Players can then create new characters, built them up to max, and perform at the level that they are used to, as opposed to feeling hobbled on a partially-equipped alt character while running the same content they'd be running on their main chars anyway and waiting an extra month and a half (on top of the time to develop the alt to Lvl 50) for their Reputation grinds to complete.

I think that some of us who have been in-game for awhile have an expectation that as soon as we've developed our main characters to perform at a maximum level, that a long, tedious grind to get newer characters to the same level is unattractive, so why do it? Giving players the ability to use these lucrative items on alt characters as soon as they reach endgame seems to me like a great way to engage players in the full breadth of the game without bogging them down with a lot of repetitive stuff that they have already done a few too many times.

Last edited by tylermaxwell; 05-19-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
05-19-2013, 11:42 PM
i would not mind it so much if you completed it on one char meant that it unlocked a new rep-mission that gave you double the mission rewards on the rest of your chars. so instead of e,g 1000 rep points it gave you 2000 rep points that would kill off half the grind.
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Career Officer
# 9
05-20-2013, 02:25 AM
I made a similar thread and I wholeheartedly agree with account-wide Reputation (and certain accolades for that matter). Because like others have said, the more characters you got, the more work you have to do. (And less fun in the process).

And those with Romulan characters, will have to start all over again, (no Winter Epohhs to help out). That said, I am surprised that we don't earn Romulan Reputation in the storyline, because technically our Romulan characters helped found the Romulan Republic and establish New Romulus, so you could be pretty famous (I.E. have serious reputation). As someone said earlier, doesn't have to be all, but be nice if we had most of the work unlocked by the time we hit Tier 5.
Commander
# 10
05-20-2013, 03:26 AM
I used to disagree with this, but after going through the rep grind with several characters I have to agree that I wish the rep system was account wide. LoR is coming out in a couple days and I have zero desire to take another character through the reputation system. Some will always say (Then don't do the rep system no one is forcing you) but you are gimping yourself if you don't. Particularly in pvp where every extra little advantage helps. Bleh~

U.S.S. Mary Celeste