Career Officer
# 1 Mail Nerf -> Need DOFF Storage
05-22-2013, 05:23 PM
With the Mail Attachment Limit now forceably imposed on players, it's long overdue that you guys in the Dev Team, create somekind of DOFF Storage system that does not impose on players.

Like a Starbase Holding Area (tank), where people wouldn't need to stuff their DOFFs in the Mail Attachments, bogging down the mailing server.

Because most players are already at their 400 DOFF limit and they aren't going to waste Thousands of Zen to buy more Character slots with 400 DOFF slots, no sir. Gaurantee they will take advantage of the Free Accounts and create Storage BOTs.

So Dev Team, ball's now in your court. Else you are going to see plenty of dissatisified customers leaving because they can't have fun to earn Fleet Marks, or their Starbase progress stagnates.
Captain
# 2
05-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
With the Mail Attachment Limit now forceably imposed on players, it's long overdue that you guys in the Dev Team, create somekind of DOFF Storage system that does not impose on players.

Like a Starbase Holding Area (tank), where people wouldn't need to stuff their DOFFs in the Mail Attachments, bogging down the mailing server.

Because most players are already at their 400 DOFF limit and they aren't going to waste Thousands of Zen to buy more Character slots with 400 DOFF slots, no sir. Gaurantee they will take advantage of the Free Accounts and create Storage BOTs.

So Dev Team, ball's now in your court. Else you are going to see plenty of dissatisified customers leaving because they can't have fun to earn Fleet Marks, or their Starbase progress stagnates.
If the slots were per account, not per character, I know more than a few people who would've bought them - during a sale. Same goes for the ship and boff slots.
Commander
# 3
05-22-2013, 06:00 PM
well, you know what they'll do.

If there's a big enough outrage they'll give back juuust enough to keep you logging in till the next thing comes along to totally screw over a thousand players so 100 will buy something else.

Personally, i'm reinstalling turbine's games. checking out swtor, or whatever, 'n maybe even eve it up a bit.
Hell I might even close up the laptop 'n go see what real life is like again.
wasting my life ******** about pwe's shameless moneygrabbing strategies is, well wasting my life. and my talents. and likely yours too.
Read a book, hell write one.
Stop trying to figure out how to diagram the new power levels or coordinate and sync doff missions on 30 toons. Take a stab at something worthwhile instead.
Fun is fun 'n this isn't fun anymore.
Its more like work than any game ive ever played 'n if we do happen to find a way to make 'this' life a little easier it is summarily dismantled.
I wish pwe would let me accept paypal for some of this digital scrap, cause it'd be on the market right now for the price of a nice summer jacket.
Career Officer
# 4
05-23-2013, 12:16 AM
Well, I'm not going to quit over it. But this nerfing does severely hamper people's Fleets.

I can understand them limiting the mail, but they have to make a conession here. They need to make somekind of DOFF storage for fleets.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-06-2013, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Well, I'm not going to quit over it. But this nerfing does severely hamper people's Fleets.

I can understand them limiting the mail, but they have to make a conession here. They need to make somekind of DOFF storage for fleets.
Also the mail is account-wide, i have 12 characters on a account, i can't even use the full exchage 12*40 = 480 items, if 25% doesn't sell 120 items where does the 20 go ??

Make the mail 100 items per character, then we can buy more character slots, we get more mail and cryptic get our zen. (not what i like but a solition)
Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=463
Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-14-2013, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Well, I'm not going to quit over it-

And that's where the devs stopped paying attention.
Captain
# 7
05-23-2013, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lake1771 View Post
well, you know what they'll do.

If there's a big enough outrage they'll give back juuust enough to keep you logging in till the next thing comes along to totally screw over a thousand players so 100 will buy something else.

Personally, i'm reinstalling turbine's games. checking out swtor, or whatever, 'n maybe even eve it up a bit.
Hell I might even close up the laptop 'n go see what real life is like again.
wasting my life ******** about pwe's shameless moneygrabbing strategies is, well wasting my life. and my talents. and likely yours too.
Read a book, hell write one.
Stop trying to figure out how to diagram the new power levels or coordinate and sync doff missions on 30 toons. Take a stab at something worthwhile instead.
Fun is fun 'n this isn't fun anymore.
Its more like work than any game ive ever played 'n if we do happen to find a way to make 'this' life a little easier it is summarily dismantled.
I wish pwe would let me accept paypal for some of this digital scrap, cause it'd be on the market right now for the price of a nice summer jacket.
You're seriously complaining about PWE's "shameless moneygrabbing strategies" and considering to check out SW:TOR instead? At least Cryptic/PWE isn't charging $7 per character for things like hiding your helmet, usage of the auction house or being able to equip items better than rare quality...

But I agree with the OP. I'd love to see some sort of account-wide Doff-storage, too.
Empire Veteran
# 8
05-23-2013, 02:37 AM
Duty Officers were offended that they were shoved into mail system. Cryptic understood their pain and misery and how it feels like to be in mail system, and they decided to liberate those poor duty officers.
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Career Officer
# 9
05-23-2013, 03:24 AM
You know, the best way to fix the problem is to fix the root of it? People abuse the mail system because cryptic has ignored the broken Doff generator, fix that and you no longer have a reason to store endless Doffs.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Career Officer
# 10
05-23-2013, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
Duty Officers were offended that they were shoved into mail system. Cryptic understood their pain and misery and how it feels like to be in mail system, and they decided to liberate those poor duty officers.
Maybe they can add another DOFF type to the game given the above text "Liberated Mail DOFF"...