Lieutenant
I dunno what jacked up ships Cryptic is testing this stuff with...

but I'm flying a fleet excelsior as an engineer with 60k hull and that lance is lethal...let alone the plasma's

and I'm talking about NORMAL not elite

this is pretty much the only STF I really enjoy and I wont be doing it again unless I get really masochistic or Cryptic fixes this crap.

It's supposed to be fun Cryptic...not a respawn button clickfest.
Career Officer
# 2
05-24-2013, 05:35 AM
Are you in the appropriate area to avoid getting hit by the lances? Also, 60K hull is nothing when hit by weapons that do damage in the hundreds of thousands of HP in 1 shot.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain?
Captain
# 3
05-24-2013, 05:55 AM
I'm not a great player (I do ok, I guess), but from my experience, it is a bit frustrating at times, but this is one that really needs for people to know what to do and work as a team. Firstly, you need to be in between the two vessels, so they will no longer hit you with the lance weapon. Then you need to watch out for the plasma torpedo and fire on it. People should watch out for themselves but also try to fire on it when it's going against other players. And also, keep in mind that the little regeneration spheres are top priority when launched or they will repair the vessels.
I've been to a few in which people just fire on the vessels and forget all the rest and then even leave because it's "too tough" or because and optional is failed. Making it even tougher or impossible for the people who stay.

P.S. 60000 hull or 10000 means pretty much the same, the torpedo makes over 200000 damage. One hit kill anything as far as I know
Captain
# 4
05-24-2013, 06:02 AM
it's just hard, but I have beaten it, with all optionals
Captain
# 5
05-24-2013, 06:04 AM
Right. You just need to be between them and watch for the torps, and regens. Sci captains with high TB and GW help also. They're Borg. They're supposed to be a horror show!
Career Officer
# 6
05-24-2013, 06:10 AM
IIRC D'Vak even says to get between the two B'gers while he draws their fire... and why the second part of the STF is called "Under the Guns".
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain?
Lieutenant
# 7
05-24-2013, 06:24 AM
In defense of the OP

I've recently come back to STO, I've played Hive Onslaught a few times, after the update I'm getting hit by the lance between the ships, even near the queen.

It was literally impossible, we all raced between he ships and were destroyed in seconds, this never happened before.

I've not played it since.
Career Officer
# 8
05-24-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorterran View Post
I dunno what jacked up ships Cryptic is testing this stuff with...

but I'm flying a fleet excelsior as an engineer with 60k hull and that lance is lethal...let alone the plasma's

and I'm talking about NORMAL not elite

this is pretty much the only STF I really enjoy and I wont be doing it again unless I get really masochistic or Cryptic fixes this crap.

It's supposed to be fun Cryptic...not a respawn button clickfest.
I rarely play this merely because so many people actually LEAVE when they see how hard it is.... which is frustrating to say the least. That being said, I have also managed to win with a good PUG team on occasion as well.

Sadly, however, the majority of folks are right. Your more likely to win with a premade than a PUG in this particular STF. Crazy hard at times but fun... I prefer it this way. More realistic and challenging.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Empire Veteran
# 9
05-24-2013, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
I rarely play this merely because so many people actually LEAVE when they see how hard it is.... which is frustrating to say the least. That being said, I have also managed to win with a good PUG team on occasion as well.

Sadly, however, the majority of folks are right. Your more likely to win with a premade than a PUG in this particular STF. Crazy hard at times but fun... I prefer it this way. More realistic and challenging.
You are a very brave person for puging Into the Hive, maybe crazy . I would only do with people from my fleet or the elite stf channel; that's it.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Ensign
I agree that the Hive has some improvements but it needs to be kept as hard as it is! With the new warp cores, Feds getting the leech console, etc. things like ISE are a walk in the park. They used to be easy but still have 6+ minutes left of the optional and be finished? Hence why I like the Hive. Yeah I PUG it often but normally PUG the normal. So for those that want some hints... When you get to the two body guards - don't sit in the center as that causes both of them to agro, and only attack one - not both!. One ship sits at the front opening and another ship sits at the back opening. They set probably about 45 degrees down at about 9.8km. Everyone else attack from the outside (again not next to the queen). The two ships at the opening target regen probes and plasma torps. If you have toys launch them and set them on Attack Run. When the field is clear of regen probes and plasma torps fire at the vessel. If you can target subsystems target Weapons, Shields and Aux in that order on the vessel. If one of the ships sitting at the 45degree 9.8km get lanced or invisible torp'd one of the ships attacking from the side needs to get to that position to do the same as previously stated. Again - stay out of the center and stay well away from the other body guard. Even if the other body guard releases probes, etc. Ignore them unless the regens come and attempt to heal the one you are attacking. This method works for Normal and Elite and as long as you have TEAMWORK ! (Now there is a bug in the Hive Elite where I have seen the body guards spin on their CG - if that happens GOOD LUCK HAHA )
Closed Thread